Default DUI with a Suspended License

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Hello,
    I just can't believe I can be so stupid and dumb. Everything is my fault and I don't blame anyone for my stupid mistakes, but I'm so scared right now.

OK, I got a 1st DUI not long ago since I am just 20 (I'm turning 21 in May), I received 3 years probation and community service with a 1 year court and DMV license suspension.

Just last night I got pulled over for speeding. The cops smelled the marijuana and a little bit of alcohol so they did a field sobriety test and tested my pulse. I took a breathalyzer test and blew a .02. They arrested me and confiscated my marijuana (small amount) even though I presented a Medical cannabis card.

As I was taken into the station, I was told to take a blood test but I refused. I was charged for DUI Alcohol/Drugs Under 21 and Driving with a Suspended License. Now, I just got released few hours ago and I am just so scared and depressed, I haven't talked to my lawyer yet. I'm in school full time and work I'm just scared if I go to jail I'll have to drop all of that.

Please..what do you guys think I am looking at?

Default Re: DUI and Suspended License What Now

Well-I don't know Ca. law but I will tell you that if you let this situation go on and on you will end up like me! LIFETIME REVOCATION of drivers license. This will effect EVERY part of your life. Imagine people shunning you because it's a hassle that you can't join them by not having a drivers license-they get tired of always picking you up and taking you home! Then there is the inability to work at a meaninful job. Just about every employer will do a license check-even if the job does not require driving. This will be very very hard to overcome. Then there is the self esteem you have to deal with by feeling like a second class citizen. You will become increasingly dependent on others and it will effect your personal life as well. Then in later life when family members need you (ie. parents) to help them out you will be of limited assistance due to not being able to drive. Put down the pot and limit the alcohol to protected environments where you will not have to drive or give it up if it's "a problem". Just some friendly advice from one whose been there! Take care and good luck buddy!
    Quote Quoting losbanosgeyser
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Hello,
    I just can't believe I can be so stupid and dumb. Everything is my fault and I don't blame anyone for my stupid mistakes, but I'm so scared right now.

OK, I got a 1st DUI not long ago since I am just 20 (I'm turning 21 in May), I received 3 years probation and community service with a 1 year court and DMV license suspension.

Just last night I got pulled over for speeding. The cops smelled the marijuana and a little bit of alcohol so they did a field sobriety test and tested my pulse. I took a breathalyzer test and blew a .02. They arrested me and confiscated my marijuana (small amount) even though I presented a Medical cannabis card.

As I was taken into the station, I was told to take a blood test but I refused. I was charged for DUI Alcohol/Drugs Under 21 and Driving with a Suspended License. Now, I just got released few hours ago and I am just so scared and depressed, I haven't talked to my lawyer yet. I'm in school full time and work I'm just scared if I go to jail I'll have to drop all of that.

Please..what do you guys think I am looking at?

Default Re: DUI with a Suspended License

Yes, you could go to jail. Yes, your license will be suspended for even longer as you can not legally decline to take a test.

Consult local counsel.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links