Default Deer Hunting on Dry River Bed

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Texas

I duck hunt on the Brazos River in Texas and in the winter time the water level gets down about 8 feet or so. This makes a large creek bed dry. This land is below the permanent vegitation line and it is legal to hunt ducks there. I am wondering now if it is alright to hunt deer there too?

Where can i get a land survey that shows exactly what the private land owner owns and pays taxes on? Court house maybe? General Land office?

thanks

Default Re: Deer Hunting on Dry River Bed

Quote Quoting Jackn1984
    View Post
    My question involves real estate located in the State of: Texas

I duck hunt on the Brazos River in Texas and in the winter time the water level gets down about 8 feet or so. This makes a large creek bed dry. This land is below the permanent vegitation line and it is legal to hunt ducks there. I am wondering now if it is alright to hunt deer there too?

Where can i get a land survey that shows exactly what the private land owner owns and pays taxes on? Court house maybe? General Land office?

thanks
    The courthouse or cities website can provide you with the tax information based on the address you provide but what does that have to do with you hunting on that land? One has absolutetly no bearing on the other.

finding out if the land is public domain or not is very important. If i find that it is public then i am thinking i can hunt it, but if its not then i cant. Thus, directly affecting each other!

Quote Quoting Jackn1984
    View Post
    If i find that it is public then i am thinking i can hunt it
    Just because land is in the public domain does NOT mean you can hunt on it. Hunting is permitted on SOME public lands, usually those specifically designated as Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs). Each WMA is an independent area and they can all have their own allowable hunting dates, methods, bag limits, licensing requirements, check station regulations, and so forth. What goes in one area can be very different from what goes in another area or even in designated smaller areas (usually called "units") within a single WMA. Simply check with your local Parks & Wildlife office to find out what you need to know about the specific area you'd like to hunt in. You can visit their website at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/ or call them during business hours at (800) 792-1112.

1. Sponsored Links