Default I Might Be Getting Sued for an Accident 1 Year Ago

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Texas. August of last year I got into a car accident. Lady 2 cars in front slammed on her brakes, the person in front of me slammed on theirs but didn't hit them & in turn, I slammed on mine & ended up clipping her left bumper entering the highway. My car spun out & hit a car in the 1st lane. The car I hit had a rear end hit from the car behind them since they hit their brakes.

I was in my bf's car & was legally driving it. I thought everything was all settled but my bf just got a letter saying that the accident was a disputed liability claim & that my bf's old insurance company denied the claim & is informing us we may be sued. They dropped him & so he had to find another insurance company.

I'm not sure if anyone is hurt or what exactly happened after all this. My bf took care of everything & didn't tell me much more info & just told me not to worry about it since he would take care of it.

I'm so worried now, can anyone please tell me what will probably happen or what I should do?

Default Re: I Might Be Getting Sued for an Accident 1 Year Ago

Your boyfriend's insurance is denying coverage because of what? His failure to pay premiums, resulting in a lapse of the policy?

Do you have a vehicle of your own, or any other possible way you may have insurance coverage? If so, report the accident and try to get coverage that way.

My bf got dropped from that first insurance company although he has been paying on time, been with them for like 10 years, etc. They suggested to him that he sue me. Then he searched for another insurance company since they were dropping him.

I was thinking maybe several people claimed & used up all the policy limits so that was why it was denied. I have no idea until he calls them Monday to see what this letter means.

So can he call up his insurance company & claim for an accident 1 year ago? He just started using them the next month after the accident....

Thanks for your reply though, it's calming me down somewhat.

The policy must be in effect at the time of the accident. I didn't ask if he had picked up a new policy since the accident. I asked if you had any possible sources of coverage as of the time of the accident.

1. Sponsored Links