Default Freeway car accident after new tire blowout

I had just gotten two of my tires changed, both on the right side. The next day, driving to work on the freeway, the front right tire pops as I'm making a lane change (I was making a left from the far right). After this, my car swerves across the freeway, left, damaging the front bumper of one car. As I try to regain control, I swerve my car to the right, driving straight into the two left doors of another car in the far right lane.

After we exchange information, they drive off the freeway, and mine is towed off to follow them so that the police report can be filed. The other two cars were able to drive off after this, but my car was pretty much damaged beyond repair so I had it towed and sold for parts to avoid a disposal fee.

I'm pretty sure a tire isn't supposed to blow out the day after it's been changed. But I don't have insurance. Do I have any options here? Do I have a case at all against the tire company (Goodyear)?

I still have no idea how much the would cost me.

Default Re: New tire blows out on free way and I hit two cars.

Quote Quoting sternmeasures
    I'm pretty sure a tire isn't supposed to blow out the day after it's been changed. But I don't have insurance.
    You don't have auto insurance? Or you don't have road hazard insurance on the tires?

You should have the tire examined by somebody proficient in determining the cause of tire blowouts, to try to determine if the blowout was caused by a defect in the tire or by something else (e.g., a puncture or pothole.) Unfortunately, a nail will go through a new tire as easily as it punctures an old tire.

I guess I don't have either kind of insurance. I'm not sure if I can even get the tire examined because I've already given it away to the company that towed it.

You've got bigger issues if you have no auto insurance. That's illegal.

1. Sponsored Links