Default Expert Witness Attorney Fee

My question involves expert witness practice in the state of: New York. I am an exert witness pratyicing Psychologist. I am required to file a motion to
    protect the psychological tests I used in this case as well as the client's answers. The client's attorney states I am respoonsible for paying that attorney fee; that there is nothing "in law" suggesting otherwise.

Default Re: Expert Witness Attorney Fee

In a litigation case I'm currently working on, the plaintiff's attorney (my client) recently filed a motion, on my behalf, and paid for the preparation and filing. I was lucky on this one as he volunteered to pay for it. I know of no law requiring him to pay for it. I'm altering my contract to include this. Maybe Aaron has some in-site on this.

Default Re: Expert Witness Attorney Fee

Quote Quoting felliott11756
    View Post
    The client's attorney states I am respoonsible for paying that attorney fee; that there is nothing "in law" suggesting otherwise.
    When you say "the client", I'm assuming we're talking about your client.

Are you stating that the client's attorney is saying you need to hire your own attorney, and pay your own attorney to file the motion? Or are you stating that the client's attorney filed the motion and sent you a bill for his time?

1. Sponsored Links