Default Parking Lot Accident in Arizona

Parking lot Accident

In my apartment complex, there are two rows of perpendicular parking space with one aisle in between. I was backing out of my car. When 3/4 of my car was on the aisle (the angle of my car and the aisle was about 45 degree), I saw the car right behind mine( across the aisle) started to backing out too. I stopped my car right away and was hesitated to honk or not. Then I saw the other car seems to stop too. I thought the driver realized the existence of my car then I didn't honk. But actually she did not and her car kept coming. Even though her car was coming slowly, I can't do anything but waited inside of my car, because two cars are too close. And if I started keeping backing, her car would hit the door of my car. Situation could be worse.

There are several big scratches on the right rear side of my car and some scratches on the right corner of the rear bumper of the other car. ( because her car was just out of the parking space, the body of her car was still perpendicular to the aisle. My car was at full stop, 3/4 of my car was on the aisle. The angle between my car and the
    aisle was about 45degree. )

She is one of my neighbors. We traded the name and phone number. I asked her to trade the insurance policy number. She said she prefer to not go through the insurance company. And she was hurry to go to work. And I let her go without calling police or taking picture. We agreed to talk about this tonight.

1: Question about responsibility :

I heard that for the car accident happened at parking lots , the responsibility are usually 50/50. But I think, in this case, she should be responsible for the accident. Am I right?

Things she did wrong:

(1) Her car was backing out into my car, while my car was at full stop.
    (2) I started the backing out before she did. Most of my car body was already on the aisle when she start backing out.

The thing I did wrong:

I didn't honk.

2: Question about evidence:

I did not have any video evidence or witness. If we have to go through the insurance company. Is the the hitting position of the impact on both cars strong enough to tell the story?

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your patience to read this post.
    Any comments or suggestions will be very appreciated.

Default Re: Parking Lot Accident in Arizona

You also could have pulled back into your space.

How far out of her space was she at the time of collision? How does she contend the accident occurred?

1. Sponsored Links