Default Passenger Curfew Ticket

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: California,
    Please I need urgent help,
    I am 17 years of age,
    I have had my license for more then 12 months and it sates I can drive between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM, So that means if i am driving during those times i can not get a curfew ticket correct?
    The problem is that i was a passenger in the car, and it was 11:30 and a police officer decided to give me a curfew ticket,
    Does this License prevent me from getting this ticket, because i feel the officer did not realize that i have had my license for more then a year.
    If I can get expert help that would be great.

Default Re: Passenger Curfew Ticket

A drivers license gives you the right to operate a motor vehicle - that's it. It does not exempt you from disobeying any other ordinance/law.

If curfew for those under 18 is 11:00pm, then that's your curfew; the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Default Re: Passenger Curfew Ticket

Is 11:30 PM after curfew where you are? Were you in the company of a parent or guardian? Were you on your way to or from an organized and supervised activity at church, school, community group, etc.?

You will have to read your local curfew ordinance to find out if your situation falls into one of the exceptions for the section.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links