Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Child Support Plus 1/2 Medical, Dental and Child Care

My question involves child support in the State of: Nevada

I have a 18 month old son and his father pays me $300 a month in child support. I work also and am having an extremely hard time making ends meet. I have been doing so research and have read a few articles that say I could also get the father to pay 50% of all medical, dental, and child care costs...

Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

I have also read in a few places that I might be able to get a clothing allowance? Is there anything else that the father could be legally responsible to pay besides Child Support, medical, dental, and child care?

Default Re: Child Support + 1/2 Medical, Dental & Child Care

Do you have a court order for support?

I live in the state of PA as a father that is paying child support. Under the law here the father is required to pay 100% of medical/dental. If I were ordered to only pay 50% I would be exstatic. My thing is why is it just because your in school your childs father needs to pay everything that hes paying including a clothing allowance? I dont know how the system runs over there but here in PA us fathers that do what we have to do and do what we need to do for our kids we still get the shaft. Theres no lead way or give for any of us do gooders. To hear that you want more money just because your in school kind of gets to me. What if your childs father were in school and working would that make a difference or doesnt that matter since we're considered "men"? I fully understand how you feel and what your going through because you want to better yourself, but times are hard right now everyones pretty much having a hard time making ends meet but the system doesnt care or allow for that with us "men".

Sorry if I came off ranting or coming off the wrong way, I dont mean it towards you or any other particular person. Its towards the whole stigma and this whole generalization of how the system works.

Quote Quoting jlporcher
    View Post
    I live in the state of PA as a father that is paying child support. Under the law here the father is required to pay 100% of medical/dental. If I were ordered to only pay 50% I would be exstatic. My thing is why is it just because your in school your childs father needs to pay everything that hes paying including a clothing allowance? I dont know how the system runs over there but here in PA us fathers that do what we have to do and do what we need to do for our kids we still get the shaft. Theres no lead way or give for any of us do gooders. To hear that you want more money just because your in school kind of gets to me. What if your childs father were in school and working would that make a difference or doesnt that matter since we're considered "men"? I fully understand how you feel and what your going through because you want to better yourself, but times are hard right now everyones pretty much having a hard time making ends meet but the system doesnt care or allow for that with us "men".

Sorry if I came off ranting or coming off the wrong way, I dont mean it towards you or any other particular person. Its towards the whole stigma and this whole generalization of how the system works.
    I'm sorry, but where did the OP say anything about being in school? You are right, your post does come off as ranting and at no point do you offer legal advice.

We still don't know if the OP even has a court order for support. Until that question is answered, she no one can really give her accurate advice.

I do have a court order for him to pay child support.

Quote Quoting jlporcher
    View Post

I never said anything about "wanting more money" I just wanted to learn more about what is actually intitled to my son through child support. I NEVER use my child support for anything except clothes, food for my son, diapers, and sometimes bills. So I dont know why you think Im trying to give him the "shaft"

Im 20 years old, in school, working, expecting another child in Feb, and taking care of an 18 month old. Does that really sound like Im trying to screw him over? Think about it, Im just trying to ensure that he has everything that he NEEDS.

Quote Quoting jennaburton
    View Post
    I do have a court order for him to pay child support.
    Does your court order say anything in regards to medical, dental and child care costs? Does it say that who is to carry the insurance?

I highly doubt you will be able to get a clothing allowance. That's part of what the child support from the father, as well as you, is for.

Quote Quoting jennaburton
    View Post

Im 20 years old, in school, working, expecting another child in Feb, and taking care of an 18 month old. Does that really sound like Im trying to screw him over? Think about it, Im just trying to ensure that he has everything that he NEEDS.
    If you are having a hard time making ends meet, you should look for a full time job if you don't have one already instead of going to school and working.

Quote Quoting Neal1421
    View Post
    If you are having a hard time making ends meet, you should look for a full time job if you don't have one already instead of going to school and working.
    That's your personal opinion, but not something relevant to a legal inquiry.

A court order for support in Nevada should ordinarily include a provision relating to payment for medical care. See NRS 125B.085. Further, "Expenses for health care which are not reimbursed, including expenses for medical, surgical, dental, orthodontic and optical expenses, must be borne equally by both parents in the absence of extraordinary circumstances", and child care costs are to be considered by a court when setting the amount of support. NRS 125B.080.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast