Question Does Oregon Allow to Exceed Speed Limit While Passing

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: Oregon

*My main question is does oregon have a traffic law about exceeding speed limit while passing a person?? In other words may i exceed posted speed limit to pass someone? Cause in washington you can. My concern is oregon... thanks guys

**So i was driving on highway 26 maybe mile marker 20 not too far from cannon beach. i had a car driving infront of me doing under speed limit so when there was a stretch in the road and the line in between my lane and oposite lane was dotted meaning i can pass i stepped on gas sped up over speed limit to pass and a cop was going in upcoming lane. turned his lights on and i pulled over when he was behind me and he gave me ticket for going 89 in 55, careless driving and no insurance. i am originally from washington and i know in our state you can exceed the posted speed limit when passing and im trying to find help about this traffic law in oregon. i do have insurance for my vehicle at the time just not on me. any suggestions thanks guys.

Default Re: Does Oregon Allow to Exceed Speed Limit While Passing

I didn't see anything in the Oregon Revises Statutes that allows it.

1. Sponsored Links