Default Traffic Ticket Shows on Criminal Record

My question involves a background check in the State of: CA

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this; thank you in advance.

I recently had a background check done by the company that I am volunteering for, and to my surprise I got a phone call telling me that my background check came back with a criminal charge and they wanted an explanation as to what it was. I told them i had never been into any trouble before and got the case number of what showed up on my criminal record. come to find out it was a traffic ticket (red light ticket) i got a year ago but i paid it off right away.
    My question is, is it suppose to be under criminal? and if not how do i go about getting it removed from my record? any advice would be very helpful.
    Thank you!

Default Re: Traffic Ticket Shows on Criminal Record

From what you have said, I would not expect it to show up as "criminal". But we don't have any way to investigate your record, nor do we know who reported it as a "criminal" matter or why. Check with the court where the ticket was issued to make sure your payment was properly processed, and that the correct charge was abstracted.

1. Sponsored Links