Default Changing Daughter's Last Name and Changing After Paternity Test if Under One Year Old

My question involves name change laws in the State of: Florida

my daughter birth certificate currently has her last name as my previous boyfreinds and him as the father too. We were never married. He is not the father. And agrees to sign his name off. After a paternity test i contacted her biological father who wants his name on the birth certificate. I would also like to change her last name to my name. She is only 3 months old. How do i change her last name and the father in the state of florida?

Default Re: Changing Daughter's Last Name and Changing After Paternity Test if Under One Year

Quote Quoting Bella88
    View Post
    My question involves name change laws in the State of: Florida

my daughter birth certificate currently has her last name as my previous boyfreinds and him as the father too. We were never married. He is not the father. And agrees to sign his name off. After a paternity test i contacted her biological father who wants his name on the birth certificate. I would also like to change her last name to my name. She is only 3 months old. How do i change her last name and the father in the state of florida?
    You'll need to file a petition in court to disestablish paternity for the legal father. Then you'll be able to file again to establish legal paternity of the bio father. A name change can be done at the same time.

1. Sponsored Links