Exclamation Drivers License Suspended Florida

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Florida

Well I was involved in an accident in March of 2008. Five months ago and I was not on the insurance policy yet I am 16 years old I had just gotten my license and gotten into an accident the embarrassing part of it is it was the second day. Well I got the letter from the DMV and all the good stuff saying I owed the people about twelve grand. Well they said if I am insured which I am now. Well I sent that letter out with all my insurance information and all the good stuff. But a few weeks later I get a letter in the mail saying my drivers license is suspended. My dad gets a letter in the mail saying the tags and registration on the two cars we have are suspended also. I do not know where to go from this and how to get my license back my dad is working on the getting the vehicles back on the road but if you have some tips for me on that one too I would appreciate it. I also would like to say I have a FR Liability Suspension if that helps any.

Thank you,
    James.

Default Re: Drivers License Suspended Florida

Bump^^
    Bump^^
    Bump^^

Who's vehicle was it? If you were not insured and not listed as a covered driver on their policy then you are more than likely responsible for any financial costs incurred in the at-fault accident. However, unfortunately, in most States, it is your who would be responsible. Did you have any insurance at all at the time of the accident? If not, tell dad to hire an attorney.

It was my fathers vehicle. That's why I'm just like ugh I thought members of the household were covered.

Quote Quoting Scoop69Deville
    View Post
    It was my fathers vehicle. That's why I'm just like ugh I thought members of the household were covered.
    Did you have the owner's permission to drive the vehicle?

When it comes to things like this, don't assume anything.

By the way, you can't get insurance AFTER an accident and expect the company to pay for the accident.

Otherwise, no one would ever pay for car insurance.

You are in deep doo doo.

1. Sponsored Links