My question involves criminal law for the state of: Tennessee

What do I need to do to get into a Diversion Program? I've made an appointment with my public defender, but the appointment was set for 2 weeks before the trial. I want to get into a diversion program, and I know that I'll need to have a good plan when I go into my meeting.

I've read about a memorandum of understanding, but I'm not sure how to start.

I'm really worried because in order to graduate from my college, I'm required to complete an internship. I can't get into a good internship program with a criminal record!

Please help! I'm getting ulcers here!