Default Mobile Home Owner Renting in Mobile Home Park with Pet Issue

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I just bought a mobile home in a mobile home park. Per lease agreement, no dogs larger than 30 pounds are allowed without prior approval. On the lease agreement they ask for the following info about our dogs: Breed, Color and Name. I filled out exactly what they asked for. I have a Lab/mix, shes black and her name is River. They requested a picture of the dog. I submitted a picture of the dog with my application. On a seperate form they ask what the weight was of the dog. I said 50 pounds. Our lease was approved and we proceeded with the purchase of the mobile home with the understanding they approved our dog as well. 3 weeks after we moved in they told me "to get rid of the dog since it was to big". What can I do about this.

Default Re: Mobile Home Owner Renting in Mobile Home Park with Pet Issue

Have you discussed the issue with your landlord and pointed out that the lease was approved after you had submitted all the information about your dog?

What has the landlord said in response?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Mobile Home Owner Renting in Mobile Home Park with Pet Issue

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Have you discussed the issue with your landlord and pointed out that the lease was approved after you had submitted all the information about your dog?

What has the landlord said in response?
    They said it doesn't matter and that I didn't verbalize it to them. I told them that I never verbalize anything. My request are always in writing. I also wrote that the dog was a Lab/Mix and over 50 pounds on the application and I also included a picture of her.

1. Sponsored Links