Angry Payroll Checks Don't Cash

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: IOWA
    Short end of the stick;

payroll check didn't cash, one owner said my 8 year old daughter was a spoiled little b**** since I demanded my check cash so I had money for her party a day in a half later.

Owner cut my hours to 2 1/2 hours a week and then I filed for unemployment. She says to my former co workers that "she can't believe I filed for unemployment"

Ahhh she isn't suppose to talk to other employees about me is she? He was no manager or anything!

Now she is fighting my case!

I have my case all typed out and everything if anyone would like to to take a look at it and give me their opinion.

I need all the help I can get from these jerks!

All names will be x'ed out though.

HELP my PHONE interview IS the 22nd!!!!

Thanks!!

Angry Re: Payroll Chcks Don't Cash (HERE IS MY LONG STATEMENT)

:
    September 3rd, I called Bank to see if my check would clear and they said X had insufficient funds and it would not clear.

September 4th around 9:30 a.m. I called Bank to see if my check would clear again. Nope same reply as yesterday insufficient funds!

September 4th around 9:30 a.m. after I called bank. I called X at the STORE and asked if X made a deposit yet, he does every morning. I told her that my check wouldn't go threw and told her I needed it cashed for my daughters birthday party on Saturday and I did tell her if it didn't cash I was not working on Friday so I could get my daughter birthday shopping done since I had about 20/30 people coming and had to order cake and do all the prep work yet, she said he just did it wait a few minute and call back. I told her Ok and Thanks.

September 4th Around 10:00 a.m. I called BANK yet again...well guess what insufficient funds I can't get my check cashed, now I am worried and freaking out! All that ran threw my head was on Saturday afternoon I had the guest coming and no cake or food or anything bought or ordered yet.

September 4th right after I called BANK I called X at the X store and asked if I could cash my check out if the store drawer today and explained my situation, her remark was you have to call X! OK

September 4th after I called X, I called X and asked if I could cash my check out of the drawer and explained to him I am desperate to get my check cashed and he first say and I quote "Ah that little b*tch is spoiled enough" I yelled "X" "THAT WAS NOT VERY NICE" I was and still am very offended that he called my 8 year old daughter a name likes that! Disrespectful and uncalled for!
    Then he did give me permission to cash it out of the drawer.

September 4th I called X right back from my home phone and no answer (it was only about 11:00 am and they should not of busy with both X & X there.) but, I called back immediatley after I hung up from my cell and they picked right up...kinda odd! Anyway I told X, X OK'ed and she sad fine and I said fine as long as I got it cashed TODAY since there would be no time tomorrow since I would be working to get everything prepared for my daughters part.

September 4th X had X call me and tell me to cash it out of the X store and I said fine I have no problem with that as long as it gets cashed TODAY, I also told X that if for some reason it doesn't get cashed I would not be working with her tomorrow at the X Store and explained myself once again why. X said OK.

At this point I was tired of explaining why I needed my check cashed it should NOT matter why. ALL of the employees at X should NOT have to wait for checks to cash, 99% of us live paycheck to paycheck! Some of us have incurred late fee's, bank fee's and such because our checks would not cash on time! Everyone of us is tired of this! X, X and the X no longer cash X pay roll checks since they have incurred late fee's and insufficient funds as well.

I can tell you NO ONE will speak on my behalf because with the economy and such everyone of the staff at X NEEDS there job there! Jobs are NOT a dime a dozen here if you don't have any skills.

September 4th the around 3:20 p.m. I did stop at the store and the girl did cash my check and I asked her to count it out and I signed my check over and gave it to her and she gave me the cash I thanked her and left.

September the 4th @ 3:27 p.m. X called and said she knew I got my check cashed at the store and she would cover Friday it was no problem. (I do have this on my answering machine yet) I was thinking hum, it's cashed I said I could work because I have all night to prepare my daughters party now??? Ok, I let it ride it just meant I had more time to prepare and clean for the party.

September 8th I worked the X as planned. I had and odd feeling for some reason and I asked X to call X at the store and see if I was on the schedule for Tuesday and Friday and she said and I quote "No I took her off she pretty much said screw you" and that was what X told me. So now I lost my hours at the store the bulk of my hours for wanting my paycheck cashed! That is the only reason I have never had a dispensary sheet or anything!

I was talking to X and I told her X if she took all my hours away at X about (10+) I don't want to commit to 2 - 2 1/2 hours a week at the X store. I will have to find a real job, X said yeah you can't live on a couple of hours a week it isn't even worth the gas money in reality. I agreed.

So on September 15st X called and said she needed desperate help and I told her what happen and she would have to call X and get it OK' ed since I truly though X didn't want me in any of the stores, I was a manager and I know they don't normally fire anyone so they don't have to pay unemployment! She did and X Ok' ed it.

On September 15st X said X wanted to know it I would work the X street store short shift and I explained to X I don't have funds for the meter that I had no extra money and I don't think I could do it UNLESS X and X helped with meter money. I could have parked how many blocks away but with my Fibromyalgia I would never be able to walk the distance. I told them have X come to X and I would just work X's usual hours...makes since I live closer to X and X lived closer to X and X has of street parking and I needed to get back to work.

September 15, had a discussion with my Husband about taking the job at X and the meter money problem and he said we would figure it out take it if I wanted to.

On September 16 or 17 I called X back and asked if they still needed help and she said yeah and I said I would do it and she replied I have to 2 interviews tomorrow and I will call you back. Well I never heard anything back and they hired X who has worked there previously.

September 25 I received a call from X a current employee and he said X said "she could not believe I filed for unemployment". X is not supposed to talk about MY situation with other employees who have the nothing to do with it. X is not nor was he ever MY manager or anything! X has been the baker for over 15+ years and he does work counter and deliver driver sometimes as a matter of fact I was HIS manager at the X Store before.

In closing I will leave you with a copy if a check from the past that I received for insufficient funds from my back after depositing my payroll check. I think this should show a little history. X will also tell you I was paid for it and she is correct, I was paid after I had to call them since my house payment was due that day and I had to go to all the stores and collect the funds from everyone's drawer. POINT BEING THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN! The Xs should have funds at all times in the business account!

I am also asking if there is a way to call pay roll checks into this from everyone just to see how many actually CLEARED the bank or was cashed elsewhere??? That would be a perfect example of how they do not keep funds in there account or even ask for the account records from X, they issue payroll checks on Wednesdays and don't even have enough money in the account to make them all good!..they have more then one account too. This has to stop X and X have to STOP giving out BAD checks! IT IS A CRIME! X Financial Inc (NOT REAL PLACE), who does the payroll has told them a time or two that they would not hand over checks if there was not sufficient funds in the account!! Call them! X
    I am also asking that X and X refrain from speaking to others that have no interest in this matter about me.

X

You can try to call them but I doubt they will speak like I said before they NEED there jobs!

I X will sign below to acknowledge that everything is true and correct.

Thank You

PS: YOU WILL ALSO LEARN FROM X THAT I DID REGISN FROM X ON MAY 31ST I BEIEVE. TO GET HELP WITH MY HEALTH BUT WITH IN 10 DAYS OR SO I DID RETURN TO WORK AS A FLOATER, BEFORE I LEFT I ASKED X IF I COULD HAVE MY JOB BACK IF I GOT MY HEALTH SITATION UNDER CONTROL AND SHE TOLD ME AS LONG AS SHE DIDN'T HIRE ANOTHER MANAGER AND WELL I DIDN'T GET THAT BACK EITHER. WHEN THE SUBJECT CAME UP ABOUT ME WORKING MAIN I OFFERED FOR X TO GO TO X AND ME BACK TO X TO WORK AS I DID BEFORE 9:30 TO 4:00 MONDAY THREW FRIDAY AND SOME SATURDAYS - SHE REFUSED!

NOTE: THIS LETTER DOES NOT SUBSITUTE MY PHONE INTERVIEW, I DO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN IT...CALL ME!

Default Re: Payroll Chcks Don't Cash

Waaaaaaay too much to read, and most here won't.

Please keep it short and to the point.

Default Re: Payroll Checks Don't Cash

Just summarize your situation & ask/post exactly what your questions are. Thanks.

Sorry I though I kept it short in the first post..but here is the short end of the stick...

payroll check didn't cash, one owner said my 8 year old daughter was a spoiled little b**** since I demanded my check cash so I had money for her party a day in a half later.

Owner cut my hours to 2 1/2 hours a week and then I filed for unemployment. She says to my former co workers that "she can't believe I filed for unemployment"

If your employer hasn't paid you as required by law, company policy or contract, you can file a wage complaint.

And for the next questions, it was certainly inapproriate language to speak of your daughter derogatorily. However, no law was violated.

Neither is it against the law for the employer to say what he/she did about you filing for unemployment; obviously the employer doesn't understand that UI can be applicable when still theoretically "employed" because hours/earnings have been drastically cut.

1. Sponsored Links