Default Caught Shoplifting; No Contact from Court Yet

Ok so more than a month ago I got caught shoplifting 59.00 worth. O and I'm 16. I got a letter from the Wal Mart lawyers for 150.00, a civil fine. But they have not sent me anything about a hearing or anything. I did not get a citation with a court date. Nothing! What is going on, am I going to get contacted or not. If so can I use the dirversion program and get it off my record.

Default No Contact from Court

Were the police involved at all? It may be that WalMart is opting not to prosecute you.

Yes they were. I was taken to the police station, and my dad had to pick me up. They never gave him any papers or anything. They said he should be contacted by juvinale, that was like 6 weeks ago. Could it be that all I have to do is pay Wal Mart and this is over

Either way you will have to pay the Civil Demand fine. I've had Juvenal cases that took longer than expected to be processed only because they were so backed up with a heavy case load. It's hard to say how long it might take to get you a notice, sometimes no news is good news. About all you can do at this point is wait....I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it's what I'd do, take it for what it's worth.

1. Sponsored Links