Default Juvenile Court Jurisdiction After Age 18

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: arkansas my daugther was in the court system and she didnt get her high school or ged before she turned 18 can a judge be over here atfer she is 18 even if she still doesnt have ged or high school diploma the judge told me and her that he could be over her untill is 34 or what ever age thank you

Default Re: Juvenile Court Jurisdiction After Age 18

Quote Quoting DIDNT KNOW
    View Post
    My question involves juvenile law in the State of: arkansas my daugther was in the court system and she didnt get her high school or ged before she turned 18 can a judge be over here after she is 18 even if she still doesnt have ged or high school diploma the judge told me and her that he could be over her untill is 34 or what ever age the judge knew she got married before her last court visit does he have the right to keep her in the court system when she is 18 and married even though she doesnt have her high school or ged thank you
    can you help me on this please

Default Re: Juvenile Court Jurisdiction After Age 18

Quote Quoting DIDNT KNOW
    View Post
    My question involves juvenile law in the State of: arkansas my daugther was in the court system and she didnt get her high school or ged before she turned 18 can a judge be over here atfer she is 18 even if she still doesnt have ged or high school diploma the judge told me and her that he could be over her untill is 34 or what ever age thank you
    This question needs to be clarified first!

You mean she was charged with a crime, and punishment was deferred on the condition she obtain her diploma or GED, and she did not??

If this is so, it is possible the Juvenile Judge can retain jurisdiction for some time, yes, even though an adult now, but, Due Process requires he timely impose the original sentence so the case is adjudicated.

He can't come back in 16 years and impose sentence, if this is what was meant by him saying age 34.

Judges spout off alot from the bench. It is like saying to a defendant "If I ever see you in my court again, I'll lock you up for 100 years"!

1. Sponsored Links