Default Wrongfully Targeted by Creditors

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Maryland

My question is about creditors targeting the wrong people. There is another couple in the same county as my parents who have the same names and middle initials (not certain about middle names being identical.). Long story short the other couple has creditors after them and due to the similar names they have been calling my parents instead. Any advice on how they can tell the creditors to quit calling since they are not the people who they are calling for?

Smile Re: Wrongfully Targeted by Creditors

Quote Quoting Herm
    View Post
    My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Maryland

My question is about creditors targeting the wrong people. There is another couple in the same county as my parents who have the same names and middle initials (not certain about middle names being identical.). Long story short the other couple has creditors after them and due to the similar names they have been calling my parents instead. Any advice on how they can tell the creditors to quit calling since they are not the people who they are calling for?
    They can write a letter to the creditors demanding they cease and desist contacting them on this debt.

They can also demand of the creditors proof that your parents are the ones who owe this company, to require of the credit agency attempting to collect the debt proof that your parents are the ones who entered into the contract and thus owe the original creditor.

You can start by reading about it on this website.

Good luck.

Your parents should contact the credit bureaus to see if this is on their credit reports as well.

1. Sponsored Links