Default Return Fraud

I hope somebody can help me here.. I returned some items back to a store a few weeks back. I returned some used clothing and other unwanted items. The used clothing I was unhappy on how they were wearing, so I returned them. I am now told that this store does not carry any of the brands I returned. I returned all these items thinking they came from this store. I do the major 90% of my clothes shopping at this place. I kept all the tags and the original receipt. I went through the receipt and replaced the tags on the items I was returning that I thought matched the receipt. I went back to the store and returned the items which totaled under $100.00. They refund my credit card and now I am being charged with a retail fraud in the 2nd because the store is saying none of these items were items that this store carried. I may have made a mistake and thought they all came from this store. They feel it is intentional fraud because I replaced the tags on the clothing and some of the clothing was used. I was convicted of retail fraud over 10 years ago and it was a felony. What can I expect to happen to me as in sentencing if I am found guilty. Please any advise is welcomed. I can't sleep or eat.. I am a nervous wreck.

Thank you

Default Returned Items

So you returned items to the store, price tags attached, and using a receipt associated with those price tags, and it turned out that the items you returned were not the items associated with either the price tags or the receipt? And some of the items were used? Whatever your intentions, you can see, I'm sure, why the store believes you were trying to cheat it.

If you are not able to retain counsel, have you requested an apointed attorney? Given the prior conviction, it would likely be a good idea to do so.

1. Sponsored Links