Default Ohio Statute Of Limitations for Explosives

History of relating to my question
    A year and a half ago when I was seventeen I was researching explosives out of curiosity and entertainment. I stumbled across one that seemed easy to make. In my ultimate wisdom I decided to give it a shot. I made a few very small batches of Acetone Peroxide and usually detonated them in paper wrappers I made. One time I put it into a film canister and detonated it in that. I never put it into thick plastic pipes or metal pipes due to the fact that shrapnel would be produced. I always set them off in my back yard which is very big. I did it about five times and then quit.

Ohio Revised Code concerning the law broken:
    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.17

Question:
    I am currently finishing up my Associates degree in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement. During my interviews with a Law Enforcement agency I will be asked questions about my background. If a question comes up where I have to admit what I did, are they able to arrest me? By the time I will be interviewing 2 and a half to 3 years will have passed since the law was broken.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Default Re: Ohio Statute Of Limitations for Explosives

With due respect to being completely honest, is there any way they will find out what you did if you find a way to finesse your answer? I'm assuming you were never investigated by the police, never charged, and never prosecuted.

Well in law enforcement they use polygraphs during the interview. They read you some questions first and you answer them. Then on the polygraph they will ask you something like "Other then what you have mentioned have you done ___". If the question comes up and I have to admit to it, can they still charge me? There's no evidence so I'm not sure if they can or not. And I know a polygraph can't be used in court. But I want someone who knows what they are talking about to give me some more insight.

Quote Quoting google2
    View Post
    Well in law enforcement they use polygraphs during the interview. They read you some questions first and you answer them. Then on the polygraph they will ask you something like "Other then what you have mentioned have you done ___". If the question comes up and I have to admit to it, can they still charge me? There's no evidence so I'm not sure if they can or not. And I know a polygraph can't be used in court. But I want someone who knows what they are talking about to give me some more insight.
    What agency are you appling for. The Law Enforcement Agency I work for does not use polygraphs during the interview.

They also don't usually ask the question, Have you ever broken any laws?

That is to broad of a question and I would say that 99.9% of all applicants would be found lying if they did ask that question. Because there is not one person that has never broken any law in there life.

If you were not caught doing what you say you were doing. Then I would not worry about it.

I'm not applying for an agency yet. But I just don't want to get arrested for something stupid I did 4 years back when they ask, because the statue of limitations say they can. I just don't know how seriously they would peruse something like that. I've never broken any other laws other then downloading music and a program or two. But I've long since stopped doing that. Thanks for the information, it was just eating up inside.

1. Sponsored Links