Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Accused of Not Being a Decent Parent

    My question involves defamation in the state of: NC

    I recently gave birth to beautiful baby boy and the baby's dad's brother keeps insisting the baby is not his and has also stated to other ppl that I do not have custody of my older child and that I am not a decent mother. Is there anything that I can legally do in response to these allegations?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Defamation of Character?

    Tell him to shut his gaping maw.

    Unless you can prove that you are suffering damages as a result of his yammering, there is little you can do outside of telling him where to cram it and adopting the attitude of "water off a duck's back".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Defamation of Character?

    Oh believe me, I have told him that!!!

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Theft and Larceny: Accused of Stealing from an Elderly Parent
    By Luna13 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 06:54 AM
  2. Disability Benefits: Can a Child of a Disabled Parent Get Benefits Based on the Other Parent's Work Record
    By SparklinStar in forum Social Security Law
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 06:56 PM
  3. Expenses: Custodial Parent is Ordered to Pay Insurance, Noncustodial Parent Insuring Child
    By rochaus in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  4. Fraud: Accused of Fraud Over a Real Estate Deal With a Parent
    By Angel Marie in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
  5. Credit Reports: Improvement of decent credit score
    By somedeity in forum Personal Finance And Investment Law
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources