Default Negative Reference

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: AZ
    an employer gave a negative rating after I have received in writing that only dates would be shared. What to do?

Default Re: Background Check

Quote Quoting betterlifeplz
    View Post
    My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: AZ
    an employer gave a negative rating after I have received in writing that only dates would be shared. What to do?
    I'm not positive what your situation/question is. Are you saying that your former/current employer gave a negative rating to a prospective employer instead of just your dates of employment which is what they said they would give? . . . .Or are you asking/saying something else? Your post isn't quite clear. You titled your thread/post background check. Thanks.

Default Re: Background Check

I found out that after a reference check ("you had an unsatisfactory rating from *****") that my employer did not keep to our agreement. The agreement specified that only dates would be given to seeking employers. I resigned from the job because of false accusations. The accusations were never proven, and my boss had radical philosophies/belief systems that I didn't agree with.

Default Re: Negative Reference

I don't think there is much you can do if your former employer told the truth, what they believed to be the truth or their honest opinion of you/your performance to your prospective employer.

I don't know what all info your former employer gave out or just how the written agreement is worded & whether it was signed by you & employer. Also, it's possible there could be other reasons why you were not offered the job. However, you are free to take the agreement to an attorney to review for a *possible* breach of contract.

1. Sponsored Links