Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Verbal Abuse

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: North Carolina

My question is this. I told my parents I am gay and now they VERBALLY abuse me all the time. They use gay slurs. They are really mean to me. Can they Verbally abuse me? Because it they do it alot and it really hurts me. They also said until I decide to be straight ( like its my choice...) they will stay this way. They said I am not allowed to leave the house except school and work. I come from school to home then to school then to home and weekends work. Basically there is no happyness for me anymore even though Im in highschool and its soppused to be my best years. Can they be THIS strict? Isnt that some kinda neglect or something. They also prohibited me from talking to anyone that is gay.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Verbally Abuse

As parents they have totally say so on who you associate with. Far as abuse if you feel your being abused contact CPS

Default Re: Verbal Abuse

whats thier number. And so they cant VERBALLY abuse me>?

panther10758 Guest

The National hotline is 1-800-4-A-CHILD

Why did you tell them your gay? To verbally abuse them perhaps did you say it during an argument? That's pretty dumb and very unusual - if you're gay then you've had underage sex. Of course they are going to react.

My son came home with a guy wearing girls jeans and makeup and I almost freaked out-until I found out he was in an emo band. I don't know how I would react but it wouldn't be nice.

Real life isn't like TV, people don't go "Well, that's nice we'll support you." I know guys in their 40s who still hide it from their parents. So I just wonder how much of this story we're getting.

panther10758 Guest

Where I agree there is a presumption of sex its not always the case. He may have kissed or just found himself attracted to his own sex. Whatever the case its not up to his parents to verbally abuse him over something he has no control over. I applaud his openess and telling his parents. The call to CPS will not jepordize his living at home but it should get him and his Family the services they require. Now if he has had sex and he is under age of consent that is whole different issue. Also his parents have legal right to forbid him contact with anyone they want to.

Quote Quoting Archciaa
    View Post
    My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: North Carolina

My question is this. I told my parents I am gay and now they VERBALLY abuse me all the time. They use gay slurs. They are really mean to me. Can they Verbally abuse me? Because it they do it alot and it really hurts me. They also said until I decide to be straight ( like its my choice...) they will stay this way. They said I am not allowed to leave the house except school and work. I come from school to home then to school then to home and weekends work. Basically there is no happyness for me anymore even though Im in highschool and its soppused to be my best years. Can they be THIS strict? Isnt that some kinda neglect or something. They also prohibited me from talking to anyone that is gay.
    Unfortunately, yes, they can be that strict. Right up until you turn 18 and move out of there.

I'm so sorry your parents are being complete morons about your sexuality. Do you have a Gay-Straight Alliance at your school? Or in your community? Such groups are invaluable support for teens who've chosen to come out rather than live a lie. Poke around in your local phone book. These groups can help you cope with your parents' ignorance.

In the meantime, definitely call the Child Abuse hotline. It will trigger an investigation into your family's practices, and help get your parents into contact with counselors to help them work through their issues.

Quote Quoting Archciaa
    View Post
    whats thier number. And so they cant VERBALLY abuse me>?
    Of course they can verbally abuse you.

They are your parents. You are a teenager.

Kinda goes with the territory. I tell you what... find a teenager that DOESN'T believe that his/her parents verbally abuse them.

Then come back.

Post Re: Verbal Abuse

Please report the abuse to CPS. Tell them your parents are verbally abusing you and please ask for help.

Post Re: Verbal Abuse

They can be strict. I used to have strict parents and I have experienced this a lot!

That is neglect because they don't provide you freedom to the outside world such as doing sorts of activities or in what you want.

Contact a law firm who deals with verbal abuse or the CPS and tell them about your problem.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast