Default Property Manager Has Not Replied to Our Request for a Walk Through

My question involves a security deposit in the State of: CA
    My wife and I found somebody to take over our lease Per our agreement with the landlord and property manager. We have movers, a carpet cleaning company and a house cleaning service all scheduled to come on the 30th the new tenants lease will begin on OCT 1st We have sent several emails and mentioned it several times to the property manager that we would like an initial walk through to see what items would need to be fix. As of today we have not heard back from her. After we hand over the keys and the new tennant moves in and he finds something wrong, I am affriad the property manager will try and deduct the cost of it from our security deposit. If she does not do an initial waalk though with us. Or a walk through at all. Would we be liable for anything that may need to be fixed?

Default Re: Property Manager As Not Replied to Our Request for a Walk Through

The walkthrough is expected within two weeks of your move out date - contact your landlord again directly and press the issue.

If she does not do a walkthrough with you, take pictures. Take LOTS of pictures. And if she does not properly return your security deposit, take her to small claims to get it back.

Default Re: Property Manager Has Not Replied to Our Request for a Walk Through

ok she has scheduled a walk through. Now check this out she is saying because we broke the lease that we owe her a rental commission for the new tennant (even though we found a new tennant ) the only thing she did was run the credit check and prepair the forms.

Default Re: Property Manager Has Not Replied to Our Request for a Walk Through

Your obligations are to the landlord and your dealings with the property manager are as the landlord's agent. If the landlord has an arrangement with the property manager to pay a commission for new tenants, and the property manager feels that he/she is owed a commission, that is between the landlord and property manager. You may be liable for the cost of the credit check and alike as it would be part of the damages for the breach, but I can't see any obligation to pay the property manager directly for anything. If you have a way to contact the landlord directly, you may want to so because this may be an attempt by the property manager to make some unearned money.

1. Sponsored Links