Default Driving on Suspended License for Reckless Driving

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: California

In Feb of 2007 I was in an accident. I hit the center divider on the freeway. There were no other cars involved. The cops came and gave me a DUI ticket. The DUI was reduced to a wet wreckless. I didn't complete the alcohol program, pay the fines or show up for the court date. I was pulled over in Aug 2008 and received a ticket for no registration and driving on a suspended license and I had a warrant so I went to jail. The next day at cout I was sentenced to 25 days and I served my time and everything for that case is now clear. My probation was also revoked. Now I have to appear for the suspended license case. I have since then reinstated my license and my registration is up to date. Is it possible that I will be facing jail time for this charge?

Default Re: Driving on Suspended License for Wreckless Driving

Quote Quoting CorporateBarbie
    View Post
    My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: California

In Feb of 2007 I was in an accident. I hit the center divider on the freeway. There were no other cars involved. The cops came and gave me a DUI ticket. The DUI was reduced to a wet wreckless. I didn't complete the alcohol program, pay the fines or show up for the court date. I was pulled over in Aug 2008 and received a ticket for no registration and driving on a suspended license and I had a warrant so I went to jail. The next day at cout I was sentenced to 25 days and I served my time and everything for that case is now clear. My probation was also revoked. Now I have to appear for the suspended license case. I have since then reinstated my license and my registration is up to date. Is it possible that I will be facing jail time for this charge?
    Ordinarily, you'd face 10 days minimum for this kind of offense. However, it looks like you have already served your time, correct? You were sentenced to 25 days on the day you were found without the valid license, correct? In the state of Ca, you'd usually either face car impound or face the 5 days jail for non-DUI suspensions. This is a DUI suspension, calling for 10 days instead of 5. But it already looks like you did your time for it, correct?

Default Re: Driving on Suspended License for Wreckless Driving

No I served 25 days for the DUI charge. I haven't been to court on the suspended license charge yet.

Default Re: Driving on Suspended License for Reckless Driving

Does anyone know??? Please help.

Default Re: Driving on Suspended License for Reckless Driving

Yes, it is "possible" to serve time in jail for the suspended license ... it's not likely, however.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links