I moved into a new house about two months ago and I have a neighbor with 3 teenage boys that ride motorcycles and ATVs up and down our street, sometimes racing each other. I contacted the mother and she had the attitude that boys will be boys. She is a single mother going through a divorce, so I can understand she might not have a lot of control over them.

The street is a private road that we are supposed to share maintainable on, except for one cheap neighbor at the end of the court (found out after I moved in). I called the local sheriff's office (Clark County, WA) and they said they couldn't do anything about violations on private roads (don't know if that is true or if they don't want to deal with it). However, when searching for private road laws on Washington State's Law website I came across: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.09.115

It states "3) It is unlawful to operate an off-road vehicle upon a private nonhighway road if the road owner has not authorized the use of off-road vehicles." I was wondering if this would include private roads in common where I haven't given permission. Also, what agency would be this fall under for enforcement.