Default How to File Charges Against an Individual Who Used My Social Security Number

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Texas
    Hi. I dated a woman for 3 1/2 months. This woman became pregnant and I knew she was crazy and did not want anything to do with her. She put together a promissory note and verbally agreed to have an abortion if I paid her $20,000 credit card debt. I signed the promissory note. However, she did not have the abortion therefore I am not paying her debt. Also, the promissory not does not state that she would have the abortion in return for me to pay her debt but it does state the 2 credit card accounts and amounts that I agreed to pay. She file civil charges against me for breach of contract. Later, I requested my credit report and found that the 2 credit cards that are listed on the promissary note that I signed are on my credit card opened and closed within the 3 1/2 months I dated her. Therefore, she used my social security number and attached it to her credit card debt as a co-signer. I do not have money to get a lawyer to represent me. I have been representing myself in the family law with our son and is doing a great job. The judge noticed that all she wants is money and doesn't want me to have anything to do with my son. My question is I want to file charges against her for using my social security number without my permission. I mean why would someone legal agree to pay another person's debt when it is on their credit report and can pay it them self. 1st I would like to know if I should file civil charges against her or criminal charges against her in the state of Texas. She lives in CA which is where she filed the civil breach of contract against me. 2nd what form do I used to initiate the file? Thank you for all of your help. I truly appreciate it.

Default Re: How to File Charges Against an Individual Who Used My Social Security Number

I'm confused as to this:
    She file civil charges against me for breach of contract. Later, I requested my credit report and found that the 2 credit cards that are listed on the promissary note that I signed are on my credit card opened and closed within the 3 1/2 months I dated her. Therefore, she used my social security number and attached it to her credit card debt as a co-signer.
    If what you are saying is that she signed your name to a credit card application and allowed you to become a co signer INSTEAD of an authorized user then what you need to do is start by desputing this with the credit card company as well as with the 3 major credit bureaus. It can be easily done on your part bc they are claiming you are a cosigner and not an authorized user (there is a big difference, cosigner means your as responsible for the bill and authorized user means you can rack up the bill and she pays for it). If they can NOT prove that it was you who signed/agreed to pay the bill then you will NOT be held accountable. Dispute the bill TODAY. You can get her criminally charged for forgery at the very least if this is indeed what she has done. Criminal charges are a must if you find that you are a cosigner.

I also suggest that you place a ID theft on your SS# with the 3 reporting agencies so she can't open other accounts with your name on it. This will not prevent you from obtaining credit but it will require the company trying to give you a loan/line of credit to verify you are who you say you are (photo ID).

Where are you with the civil suit she has against you for BOC?

Default Re: How to File Charges Against an Individual Who Used My Social Security Number

Hello.
    Thanks for your assistance and I apologized the quote you outlined a portion of it is a mistake. I really meant to say that her credit card debt is not on my credit report which is proof that she added me as a co-signer on her credit card. The credit cards were also opened during the 3 1/2 months we dated. I have not begun the civil lawsuit. I was advised by a lawyer that it would be classified under criminal and that I need to file a police report. I have not sent letters to the credit bureaus but planning to do that today. Is there any other advice or a particular direction I could go with the criminal suit? Also, once I file the police report, will the district attorney of Texas automatically take over the case? Please advise.

Once you file the police report, your part of the criminal matter is finished - unless you are asked to either appear in court to testify, are asked to appear to give a deposition or other type of additional statement, or otherwise contacted by police, prosecutors, or the court who will tell you what it is they need from you.

In addition to the very good advice already given, you might visit http://fraudaid.org/ - an excellent site with tons of helpful information for addressing issues like yours, and for preventing future problems.

I really meant to say that her credit card debt is not on my credit report which is proof that she added me as a co-signer on her credit card. The credit cards were also opened during the 3 1/2 months we dated.
    If her credit card debit is not on your credit report then how is that proof that it was added? It's not on your record..I'm confused.
    Do you have proof that you are NOW a cosigner after getting a NEW credit report? She can't just add you as a cosigner without committing a criminal act. She can however add you as an authorized user to HER account (which will still show up on your credit report but as an authorized user).

You need to SERIOUSLY go to the police station and file a report. When you contact the CC company they will REQUIRE you to do this or they will ASSUME that you are fine with the charges. The longer that you wait, the worse it will be for you and trust me on this one. She's gonna claim you were okay with the charges.

i am sorry again. i made another typo. her credit card debt is on my credit report.

Dude, seriously, get off the computer and go to the police station. I've been the victim myself and the CCC just want their money and they will get it from anyone on the account. It's gonna be transfered to the fraud division of the CCC and it's been my experience that the victim gets treated like the criminal first. I had to produce time sheets from my employer stating that infact I was in Ohio and NOT Michigan for an entire month.
    When I asked about the civil suit 2 posts back, I was refering to the one she filed against you for breach of contract.

1. Sponsored Links