Default Notice of Service of Process

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TN

I have already filed for a change of custody with a new parenting plan and a request to hold the ex in contempt for moving and keeping the kids away from me..

I have not spoken to my children since July 8, when my daughter told me her step mom hit and choked her telling her she would kill her. They took the kids cell phones away because I called the police to check on the kids.

Today my children went to the library and contacted me online.. they had to sneak to do so. My daughter told me that she knew about court and that I had filed because she was the one that answered the door a few weeks ago.. And her father and step mom have told her that we are going to court, and of course it is all my daughters fault.

Here is my main concern:

I emailed my attorneys law clerk two weeks and one day ago asking if they had heard anything as of yet in regard to him being served yet. I was told no but they would let me know as soon as they heard anything.

I have heard nothing, and he has been served, is this normal.. Here I was wondering just last night how long it was going to take to get him served, seemed like this was going on too long. And all along, he was served but no one told me at all..

Default Re: Notice of Service of Process

Contact your lawyer on Monday morning and ask why you weren't told that service had been effected.

Served on 8/15 has until 9/15, my attorney has heard nothing from him or an atty on his behalf.

I realize I am over thinking, but I am curious as to what happens if he fails to respond.

If he doesn't answer or appear in court as required, the court will only hear from you.

I talked to the court, he mailed in a hand written one paragraph letter.

Regarding the summons I got, I do not agree with what my ex wife wants and have had the kids for five years so she should not get them now. I have only lived here three months new job cannot miss work kids should not miss school. She is behind in child support so should pay all attorney fees transportation and other expenses. I will do what ever I have to for court.

signed
    x

The clerk read the letter to me, said it was addressed to the court clerk and my attorney. She is forwarding to my attorney but placed a copy in the court file. The above is not exact wording, but close and the grammar is cleaned up some.

I called my attorneys office, he is not in, so I also emailed him. Hopefully he can let me know if the court will consider this a response and where we go from here.

1. Sponsored Links