Default Foster Care

Short of sexual or physical abuse it's horrendously traumatic to remove children from their homes and stick them into the loveless getto of fostercare. A Family Law judge wrote

"The typical foster parent I see is a single woman who has several biological children of her own. She is supported by welfare or social security disability. She is a high school dropout whose own kids are marginally functioning. She does not have the ability to help them with their schoolwork, and she has little hope for a brighter economic or social future."

Smoking pot is not a good enough reason to destroy a family. But knowing the system I naturally wonder about a rampant act called baby stealing. Someone turns a mother in and then adopts the baby effectively stealing the child out from under her.

Default Re: Smoking Marijuana in Front of Children

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    Short of sexual or physical abuse it's horrendously traumatic to remove children from their homes and stick them into the loveless getto of fostercare. A Family Law judge wrote

"The typical foster parent I see is a single woman who has several biological children of her own. She is supported by welfare or social security disability. She is a high school dropout whose own kids are marginally functioning. She does not have the ability to help them with their schoolwork, and she has little hope for a brighter economic or social future."

Smoking pot is not a good enough reason to destroy a family. But knowing the system I naturally wonder about a rampant act called baby stealing. Someone turns a mother in and then adopts the baby effectively stealing the child out from under her.

For some reason I believe you had a bad experince with CPS. Also to condone illegal activity is just completely wrong.

There is more then just smoking pot happening here.

1. Possession of controled substance
    2. Child Endangerment.
    3. Showing your child it is ok to break the law.
    4. Drug use of one type usually leads to the use of other illegal drugs.
    5. Drug use usually leads to other illegal activity.

I could keep going on and on and on about this. However I will stop at 5.

Should you do something well that is a decission yourself can only make. I will tell you right now that this type of activity by a parent, only shows me that they should not be a parent in the first place.

So should you report them in my opinion is yes you should. If I was in your shoes I would file the report.

Default Re: Smoking Marijuana in Front of Children

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    Short of sexual or physical abuse it's horrendously traumatic to remove children from their homes and stick them into the loveless getto of fostercare.
    Do you have the studies and/or references that state that it is better for a child to be exposed to drug users than to be placed in foster care?

A Family Law judge wrote

A nameless judge makes a blanket statement based upon his/her own experience in an admittedly limited population view.

Who is the judge, what is the jurisdiction and why isn't the foster system there being reworked? In other words, why is a judge just watching the train go by rather than doing something?

Smoking pot is not a good enough reason to destroy a family.
    So, what is?

Openly engaging in criminal activity in front of children isn't harmful. So, what if they were shooting heroin or cooking meth in the shed out back?

At what level of illegal activity is it finally appropriate to remove the children?

Again, please site the references for this "fact".

But knowing the system I naturally wonder about a rampant act called baby stealing. Someone turns a mother in and then adopts the baby effectively stealing the child out from under her.
    Please site the references highlighting this practice and its widespread ("rampant") use.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you seem to think that throwing about unsubstantiated factoids attributed to unidentified sources is going to have us all up in arms.

If you are going to quote facts, you need to quote the references that support them.

Default Re: Foster Care

We're not in court and I don't want to spend the next 1.5 hours looking up quotes. A simply cursory search on foster care in any state you want turns up things like this

Jessica Braam, had been bounced through 34 foster-care placements by the time she was 12

Farris has represented numerous children who have been sexually or physically abused while in foster care.

A Washington state Judge demanded siblings be allowed to see each other once a month and the state couldn't pull it off.

A child is 4 times more likely to be sexually abused in foster care then the average kid (from Texas)

1 in 10 children improve their situation once placed in foster care, the other nine are worse off. A case worker

Like I said the problems are so massive any simple search will give you ample evidence. One thing I will provide sources for is Baby Stealing

By ADAM ARMOUR
    Staff Writer
    Alleged kidnapper Jamie Kiefer of Mantachie is out of jail on a $100,000 bond following her arraignment in Itawamba County circuit court last Thursday.Kiefer is charged with kidnapping, burglary of a dwelling, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with the alleged kidnapping of a one-year-old child in July of last year. Her bond was set by Judge Thomas J. Gardner. She was represented by attorney Edward McNees.Also out on bond are three co-defendants in the case: Joseph Triste, bonded at $100,000 and facing the same charges as Kiefer; Ricky Swann, who also bonded at $100,000 and is charged with conspiracy to commit burglary and accessory after the fact of burglary; and Amanda Bell, who faces the same charges as Kiefer, but whose bond was set considerably lower at $30,000.

Read that story then read the back story. http://aislin13.wordpress.com/2007/0...-stealing-101/ (she is in jail because a woman took her baby and adopted it in 3 days without her consent! The woman kidnapped her own baby.)

Child "Protective" Services —Introduction To Legalized Kidnapping And Adoption Rings by Charles E. Corry, Ph.D.
    http://www.ejfi.org/family/family-95.htm

Social workers from other parts of the state said supervisors forced them to tear families apart just to raise the number of adoptions of foster children.

"Management staff use children and especially infants as bartering items," one social worker says in the report. "There is not a lot of difference in the system than the black-market selling of children."
    "Ten years ago, we mostly saw burns, physical and sexual abuse" as reasons for removing children from their parents, Lexington attorney T. Robin Cornette said.

"Now, sometimes we are in court not because parents don't love, feed, house or get their children to school, but because of substance abuse. It can be marijuana to much more serious addiction issues. And you don't have as much time to improve as you used to. It's the family law equivalent of the death penalty."

Low-income families are especially vulnerable because they don't have money to pay for legal representation or expert court testimony, Cornette said.

Default Re: Foster Care

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post

Jessica Braam, had been bounced through 34 foster-care placements by the time she was 12
    Maybe she was a trouble maker.

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    Farris has represented numerous children who have been sexually or physically abused while in foster care.
    Who is Farris?

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    A Washington state Judge demanded siblings be allowed to see each other once a month and the state couldn't pull it off.
    I demanded no pickles on my whopper and Burger King could't pull it off. One example doesn't illustrate a trend... ever.

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    A child is 4 times more likely to be sexually abused in foster care then the average kid (from Texas)
    Where in Texas? Is Texas a person?

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    1 in 10 children improve their situation once placed in foster care, the other nine are worse off. A case worker
    There a tons and tons of case workers. You quote one... anonymously.

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    Like I said the problems are so massive any simple search will give you ample evidence. One thing I will provide sources for is Baby Stealing
    I LOVE this source, a random website written by a "staff writer" using incorrect grammar. This is where your argument hung itself. I can't say that I believe one way or the other on this, just that you have done nothing to actually convince me. If anything, you have swayed me in the opposite direction slightly.

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    By ADAM ARMOUR
    Staff Writer
    Alleged kidnapper Jamie Kiefer of Mantachie is out of jail on a $100,000 bond following her arraignment in Itawamba County circuit court last Thursday.Kiefer is charged with kidnapping, burglary of a dwelling, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with the alleged kidnapping of a one-year-old child in July of last year. Her bond was set by Judge Thomas J. Gardner. She was represented by attorney Edward McNees.Also out on bond are three co-defendants in the case: Joseph Triste, bonded at $100,000 and facing the same charges as Kiefer; Ricky Swann, who also bonded at $100,000 and is charged with conspiracy to commit burglary and accessory after the fact of burglary; and Amanda Bell, who faces the same charges as Kiefer, but whose bond was set considerably lower at $30,000.

Read that story then read the back story. http://aislin13.wordpress.com/2007/0...-stealing-101/ (she is in jail because a woman took her baby and adopted it in 3 days without her consent! The woman kidnapped her own baby.)

Child "Protective" Services —Introduction To Legalized Kidnapping And Adoption Rings by Charles E. Corry, Ph.D.
    http://www.ejfi.org/family/family-95.htm

Social workers from other parts of the state said supervisors forced them to tear families apart just to raise the number of adoptions of foster children.

"Management staff use children and especially infants as bartering items," one social worker says in the report. "There is not a lot of difference in the system than the black-market selling of children."
    "Ten years ago, we mostly saw burns, physical and sexual abuse" as reasons for removing children from their parents, Lexington attorney T. Robin Cornette said.

"Now, sometimes we are in court not because parents don't love, feed, house or get their children to school, but because of substance abuse. It can be marijuana to much more serious addiction issues. And you don't have as much time to improve as you used to. It's the family law equivalent of the death penalty."

Low-income families are especially vulnerable because they don't have money to pay for legal representation or expert court testimony, Cornette said.

Show me a 20/20 or Dateline report on this. Better still, show me a report in the NY Times or Washington Post on this. Then I will give (more) weight to what you are claiming.

1. Sponsored Links