Default Threatened with suspension over friend's uninsured car

Hi!
    My situation is complicated. Couple days ago I received “Notice of suspension”. It was saying that I was involved in car accident (big surprise for me)! I called Secretary of state and found out that the car, I bought 4 years ago with my friend was involved in that car accident. And I guess she didn’t have insurance at that time and it was her fault. We had our both names on the car title. 2 years ago she paid me my part and told me that she will change the title to her name (and she didn’t). I didn’t see her for 2 years. I was trying to contact her, but she didn’t answer the phone/e-mail. So I guess I will go for Court Hearing… Any suggestions on this case, please! I have my own car and insurance, I never had any tickets or accidents… If she is not going to show up, am I going to be responsible for this?
    Please help!
    Thank you!

Default Notice of Suspension

You need to go to the court hearing, and explain what happened to the Prosecutor. And you need to go to the DMV and try to get the title situation straightened out.

Aaron! Thanks for your reply! One more question - how can I change the Title if I don't have any documents on that car? If I can shoud I do it before hearing?
    Thank you!

Default Failure to transfer title.

The DMV probably has a procedure for cases where title is transfered, but the new owner fails to properly register the title following transfer.

1. Sponsored Links