Question If the Other Parent is a No Show for Court Ordered Visits, Am I Held Accountable?

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Virginia

If the other parent is a no show for court order visits or cancels them and doesn't make them up within the 30 day time reiod, can I be hald accountable for not "enforcing" the visits?

Default Re: If the Other Parent is a No Show for Court Ordered Visits, Am I Held Accountable?

Quote Quoting Momabear
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Virginia

If the other parent is a no show for court order visits or cancels them and doesn't make them up within the 30 day time reiod, can I be hald accountable for not "enforcing" the visits?
    No. If the NCP fails to show, that was their choice, not yours.

Default Re: If the Other Parent is a No Show for Court Ordered Visits, Am I Held Accountable?

You may wish to talk to your divorce lawyer about modifying the custody order to specify what constitutes a "no show" (e.g., "exchanges shall occur within thirty minutes of the scheduled exchange time, or a visit is cancelled"), such that you and the kids aren't left waiting and hoping that the other parent will show up.

Smile Re: If the Other Parent is a No Show for Court Ordered Visits, Am I Held Accountable?

Our order does have the tirty minute grace period, but for instance the month of July, he called on June 29th to say he was forgoing his visits for July we tried working something out where he's older son's mother (they aren't together either) could pick up my daughter so the kids didn't miss to much time apart but he just said no. He is taking me back to court to have the sole custody from Feb. changed to joint custody so I just wanted to make sure, I wasn't responsible for that missed time. Thanks!!

1. Sponsored Links