Default Child Support Termination for an Adult Child

My question involves child support in the State of: Massachusetts
    Child - who isn't a child anymore [23 yrs old] is living AWAY from the custodial parent with another person. [i.e. - not under the same roof as his mother] Child support is totally paid for all that's being paid now is interest and penalties arrearrages . Because the kid isn't at home am I still obligated to pay these arearrages?

Default Re: Child Support Termination

Quote Quoting Thomas12980
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Massachusetts
    Child - who isn't a child anymore [23 yrs old] is living AWAY from the custodial parent with another person. [i.e. - not under the same roof as his mother] Child support is totally paid for all that's being paid now is interest and penalties arrearrages . Because the kid isn't at home am I still obligated to pay these arearrages?
    In a word- yes.

There are only 2 ways to make CS arrears go away:

1. If the CP is willing to forgive arrears (cannot forgive monies owed to a state though)

2. Payment of the arrears in full.

It doesn't matter how old the "child" is, or where they live, all that matters is that arrears are owed until they are paid in full.

1. Sponsored Links