Default Tresspassing

My question involves criminal law for the state of: WA

We have a kid (hes 18) that live down the road from us that has drug and drinking problems. He brokin into two homes one no-one lived, the other was a widow lady that was out of town. He stole her tv, computer, and yard tools. I will have to gave him credit he did not go into the bedrooms and go throw any draws or closets. See he grow-up around my son and his buddys, some of them have gottin into so trouble but they seem all are on the right track but this one, the other boys don't have any thing to do with him. The problem is he is always comming around our house drunk wanting us to gave rides or money we have told him do not come to our house anymore. But once again 3am he's knocking on my sons window he told him to leave he won't my son came got his dad, my husband threaten him this time he said your 18 next time i'm gonna whip your ass. This afternoon here he comes knocking on our door asking me for money i told not to come back. We also found out he has been going over to the ladys he stolen from asking her for money he knows she knows it was him that break into her home. She's 84 and scared of him we told the sheriff thats he's doing this they havn't done nothing we live on a private road (he does not) can we get him for tresspassing. there gotta be somthing we can do.

Default Re: Tresspassing

Trespassing is usually when one remains after being told to leave, OR, entering/remaining after given a proper trespass warning. I don't know how your state's statutes are, but, usally a legal trespass warning is either given by a law enforcement officer, or by you in the presence of an officer.

I would think that a restraining order may be in order.....a violation of a restraining order is much more weighty than a trespass charge.

Default Re: Tresspassing

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    Trespassing is usually when one remains after being told to leave, OR, entering/remaining after given a proper trespass warning. I don't know how your state's statutes are, but, usally a legal trespass warning is either given by a law enforcement officer, or by you in the presence of an officer.

I would think that a restraining order may be in order.....a violation of a restraining order is much more weighty than a trespass charge.
    To go further into detail. Each Party effected by this person. That would be you and the older lady need to file for the order's. I say this because a RO will not stop him from taking advantage of the older lady. Just like if the older lady had an RO it would not stop this person from bugging you.

How ever the next time he comes on your property. Inform him the next time he comes on your property will be considered trespassing and charges will be prpessed.

1. Sponsored Links