Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My Employer is Pocketing My Aflac Deductions

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Utah

I just received a cancellation notice from Aflac. I called them and they said that the policy was cancelled for non payment... back in April. They received a payment from my employer on April 5th, but sent it back because my policy had been cancelled.

My employer has been deducting the Aflac payment from my check every week, I guess pocketing it, while I thought I had insurance. This is just not right.

I cancelled my primary isurance carrier in June because I thought I was altleast covered a little by the Aflac policy. What if something happened to me and I tried to use the insurance. I also have the cancer policy. Cancer scares me, I have had two family members die of cancer in the last month. (really).

Isn't this fraud. Is there anything I can do. I feel very betrayed.
    Sorry to ramble, I'm just very upset.
    Thanks so much, in advance, to anyone who replies.

Default Re: My Employer is Pocketing My Aflac Deductions

Sounds like stealing to me.

Call the cops.

With all due respect to SJ, the proper authority to contact in this case would be the US DOL - they are the regulatory agency over employer sponsored insurance plans.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    With all due respect to SJ, the proper authority to contact in this case would be the US DOL - they are the regulatory agency over employer sponsored insurance plans.
    Dang!

I wanted to see an arrest!

Oh...well.

Damn fast reply. Thanks.

I am starting to wrap my head around this, a little.

I just called the Utah Labor Commission. All they can do is try to get your money back. I think the company will give the money back, they will say it is an error. Oops. I believe they did it on purpose. They've changed their rules on me a few times and shorted me commissions, that's the kind of company they are.

Or, he said, I could take them to small claims court. You mentioned the police. I can't really tell if you're being serious or cute. Although I don't think you'de waste my time or yours without speaking some truth. (I checked out some of your other posts. I like your style...to the point and yet humorous. )

This is an $80 million dollar company that feels the need to steal my $16 every week. I could live with the creative accounting on the commissions, but leaving a person uninsured for 6 months is evil. I want them punished.

Can I sue them for a few thousand? Would I win and how much? I want to hurt them. (a bee sting stings, even a mosquito bite itches!) Could someoe actually be arrested? I am quiting sometime in the next month and at that time I will be able to ask around and see if other people have been affected. Wouldn't it be worse for the company if they were doing this to a few people. (The company has less than 300 people.)

I know your answer will just be an educated (assuming) guess and not precise but any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I would like your meanest, most vindictive option.

Again, thank you in advance and I hope you enjoy the sunset tonight. I know I will.

Wow, two more replies in the time it took me to write mine.

Damn, I really like the idea of an arrest too!

So, cbg and sj, do you have any advice on the sueing part? Remember we are going for mean and vindictive.

I hope you have nice evening too cbg.

I didn't say to contact the Utah Labor Commission. I said to contact the United States Department of Labor.

Sorry, I don't do revenge questions.

Oww. Spanked down.

I was writing the long reply to sj about the ULC and posted it before I knew that you had replied. Thank you very much, I will be calling them first thing in the morning. I hope they can do better than the ULC.

So, I was trying to be, I don't know, funny when I spoke of revenge.

I don't want to sue them for a bunch of money, never sued anyone before, I think there are too many frivolous lawsuits. But I don't know of any other way to make this right. (Except maybe key their car. )

What I do want is for them to be punished in some way. I don't think it is right for my employer to take money from me for insurance and leave me uninsured. When people do something wrong out of greed or malice I think they should be punished. That is all I really meant.

I am not a bitter or mean person but this just seems so wrong to me.

So, if you were to look at it that way, would there be any other advice for me.

Thanks again. I appreciate your time.

In the spirit of the BF quote I will post one from my favorite American... John Adams.

"If we do not lay out ourselves in the service of mankind whom should we serve?"

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post

Contacting the feds does not and will not divest a state thier sovereign authority to commence a prosecution for theft/insurance fraud, etc. IF probable cause is founded.

Quote Quoting clydefrog
    View Post

Can I sue them for a few thousand? Would I win and how much? I want to hurt them. (a bee sting stings, even a mosquito bite itches!) Could someoe actually be arrested? I am quiting sometime in the next month and at that time I will be able to ask around and see if other people have been affected. Wouldn't it be worse for the company if they were doing this to a few people. (The company has less than 300 people.)
    If you are serious about "punishing" them/him, as in "punitive damages", consult an attorney. If you go the small claims route, many states do NOT permit exemplary damages to be awarded, just compensatory damages.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast