Unhappy Erroneous Ticket

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California

Good day to all, hope someone can share a word of advice for me.

This is my 2nd ticket in 13 years of driving. To make the story short, It was a sunny morning with moderate traffic.....I was travelling along a city street (two lane each direction), driving cautiously, not passing any cars or weaving in and out of traffic just driving with the traffic. Next thing I know i heard a siren behind me, at first i thought it wasn't me, what did i do? i ask to myself. A local police officer stopped me and gave a ticket. He said im speeding, he clocked me going 50 (posted 35 speed limit), i said 50? (i know i wasn't going that fast.) he replied , yes " he continued... <b>"first i clocked you going 40 but you speed up and hit 50 by the time you're in front of me."!</b>

Scenario:
    =Ticket remarks... "unsafe speed"
    Other ticket info:
    =clocked using> laser and doing 50 on ....let say (A) intersection

Before the traffic stop, I drove fast the officer, let say he was on point (B) when he clocked me, about 500 ft. from point (A)<< where the ticket states i was doing 50.

Basing on his comments (in bold letters)...i wasn't doing 50 on that intersection.. that is 500ft before him!

Anyway, i know in my heart i wasnt unsafely speeding that day. Any word of advice is greatly appreciated....thanks

Default Re: Erroneous Ticket

Don't argue that you weren't doing 50. It is a looser. Especially if he was using laser.

Call Caltrans and find out if they have the Engineering Traffic Speed survey for that section of road. If they don't, ask them who does. Get it and determine if the speed limit is justified (they rarely are). If not, then it was a speed trap.

Look up VC40800 - 40805 and read up on speed traps while you are wating for your survey to come in. Also... make sure you post here what the survey says. There are a few other things for you to consider.

thank you for the reply, i will look into what youve suggested.

There is a discrepancy on his statement and the ticket he issued that is why i doubt if i really was doing 50 that day. I really hate the fact that they can pick and citate you anytime they wanted to. There are cars around me driving that day, i think i was profiled..... a skin head asian driving a nice convertible car is a bad combination, i guess.

Anyway..thank you, I really do appreciate your response. More power to you sir EWYLTJ.

Edit: I'm getting a V1 radar detector this time.

As a side note, Cal-Trans does not hold local street surveys. Check with the city where the street is located. City Streets, Planning, or Public Works ought to have those. Or, as is the case with some smaller cities, the county Streets department might have the speed surveys.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    As a side note, Cal-Trans does not hold local street surveys. Check with the city where the street is located. City Streets, Planning, or Public Works ought to have those. Or, as is the case with some smaller cities, the county Streets department might have the speed surveys.

- Carl
    Thank you for the info sir Carl. God bless.

1. Sponsored Links