Default Denied Claim by Refusing to Determine if Pre-Existing

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Florida

Hello,
    My insurance provider seems to have found an interesting way to deny my claim and I am hoping one of the experts here could shed some light on how this can be possible. In short, I had a 6 month gap in insurance prior to my new policy with the denying insurer. Pre-existing clause is in effect due to the gap in coverage. 3 months into my policy I start having a persistent neck pain. I go to the doctor and get an MRI of the neck. Dr. says I need surgery and we schedule it. 3 days before the surgery the doctors office calls and says that my insurance company will not authorize the procedure because it could be a pre-existing condition. They refuse to determine if it is in fact pre-existing until AFTER the surgery. The surgery costs close to $30,000 so there is no way I can afford to get the surgery done with the hope that it might get approved afterwards. The insurance company states that they are not denying the claim. I sent them all of my medical records and they refuse to determine if the condition is pre-existing.

What do you think?

Thanks. Toflo

Default Re: Denied Claim by Refusing to Determine if Pre-Existing

prior to the 6 months did you have prior health coverage? if so, did you submit your credibility of coverage letter from your prior insurance? have you been seen by any doctor or receive any type of prescriptions during that 6 months prior to your new insurance becoming effective? was there a waiting period with your new plan? what was your hire date and when did your insurance become effective? the insurance company needs to see everything before your coverage became effective. how long ago did you send paperwork to them? What do you mean they refuse to determine? Have you submitted the names of all doctors you have seen and complete their paperwork? plus letters to your doctors have to be sent back to the insurance company (did they do that)

I had coverage up until 7 months prior to the start of my new plan. I had not seen a doctor for anything for 2 years prior and even then it was just for some antibiotics for the Flu. I am self employed so there is no hire date or anything. I sent them all of the medical records from the doctor I went to see when the neck pain started. There are no other records because I haven't seen a doctor in 2 years. They said that they "looked" at the medical records I sent them but that they refuse to make a determination wether or not it is a pre-existing condition. It seems quite simple to me but maybe I am missing something. They are refusing to determine if there is a pre-existing condition so they don't have to pay the claim. It's brilliant really. I just don't know if it is in good faith.

did you submit your credibility of coverage letter from your prior insurance? you need to get that on record right away. Second you need to put in writing that you have not seen any doctors in 2 years and the one you have seen for the flu, give them the complete name and address of his office. ask your doctor if he sent in his paperwork.

What do you mean they refuse to determine? have they sent you a denial letter? also was it 6 months or 7 months that you did not have insurance?

1. Sponsored Links