Question Adding Back Support After Child Support Judgement

My question involves child support in the State of: Georgia/Ohio

My ex lives in Ohio with our son. I live in Georgia. We were never married. We had recently underwent the child support process through the states involved. She did not request any arrears (back support) at the time of the child support hearings.

Now she threatens me with asking for arrears saying that it isn't too late (don't know where she got this info from). I had always supported my son, although, now realizing that it didn't officially count. Can she now sue for anything additional?

I just want to pay the monthly and be done with it. The constant threats are troublesome.

Default Re: Adding Back Support After Child Support Judgement

Quote Quoting Scarywoody
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Georgia/Ohio

My ex lives in Ohio with our son. I live in Georgia. We were never married. We had recently underwent the child support process through the states involved. She did not request any arrears (back support) at the time of the child support hearings.

Now she threatens me with asking for arrears saying that it isn't too late (don't know where she got this info from). I had always supported my son, although, now realizing that it didn't officially count. Can she now sue for anything additional?

I just want to pay the monthly and be done with it. The constant threats are troublesome.
    Has the final CS order been issued yet?

If it has, she most likely cannot request retro support now. Unless, the retro support was requested, but not ordered. Or, if the court reserved on the issue.

Does your order say anything regarding retro support?

Default Re: Adding Back Support After Child Support Judgement

Yes, the order has been issued. I have been paying the specified amount and am keeping current. There is no reservation that I am aware of for arrears.

1. Sponsored Links