Default Getting Out of Foster Care

Well, my girlfriend just got put into foster care due to her dad doing some stuff. She is 17, and I am 17. She was originally adopted by the family of which the father belongs to, and is now in a different foster home. DHS, just today said that she may have no outside contact, and I dont know when that will be raised. She says that she likes the family she is living with now, and also said that she would like to live with her Birth Grandpa. Is there a process to go about this, so that she may become stable, and so everything will be okay? I really need some answers on this. My step-father knows a few people in high places, because he used to work in senate. What should we do to go about getting her out of this mess, and so that she may have a life again. Please Help me with this. Would it only come down to marriage?

Default Re: Getting Out of Foster Care

If she likes the family she is living with, why are you convinced that she cannot have a life?

Marriage is not an option, neither of you are old enough to marry without parental consent.

No, there is nothing you can do. You have no legal standing here, let the courts do their job.

well, because she has no one who loves her, and she wants to be free. I'm just speaking for her. And her dad and her adoptive dad both raped her. I was here for her, and now they are not allowing me and her to see eachother, and they're saying the reason being because i was charged with P.I. in January, and they said no criminals are allowed contact to her. Yet, I am innocent until proven guilty, and haven't gone to court to plea yet. Is there a way to get around that, or is there a way to get her out?

and what if she is pregnant?

I'm just speaking for her.
    You have no legal standing. None. At all. Not even a little bit. You don't get to speak for her.

I was here for her, and now they are not allowing me and her to see eachother
    Until she is 18 years old, they can enforce that.

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting chase-mvp
    View Post
    and what if she is pregnant?
    Then you guarantee she will never get out of Foster care. By the way how old are you?

She 17 and your 17 it seems almost silly to me. (giving the odds) you have 8 months or less to wait and she'll be 18. Learn how to write letters and start preparing a future.

1. Sponsored Links