Unhappy Suing Another Company for Breach of Contract

My question involves business law in the state of: NJ

Greetings!!

I'm an S-Corp owner in NJ and have an agreement with Firm A(in VA) to provide services to it's client Firm B(in NJ). As per the contract, Firm A has to pay me within a week after receiving payments from Firm B to which I provided the services.

The project was completed few months ago and Firm A has received the payments from Firm B. However, Firm A is now not paying me for the last few months since the project already completed. I gathered proof from Firm B that they have made the payments to Firm A.

Questions:
    1>What are my options to collect my payments?
    2>The agreement/contract between us was not signed, but the terms were agreed via corporate email through it's officers. Can I hold them to that and file a suit?
    3>if Firm A intends to close it's operations soon, can they escape the suit?
    4>Can I file a lawsuit on my own and in which state?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Default Re: Suing Another Company for Breach of Contract

Assuming you don't plan on doing additional work through company A, suing is an obvious option. If you can prove the terms of your agreement, even if through emails, you should be able to enforce your agreement. If company A goes bankrupt or becomes insolvent, it will be difficult to get any money - you'll have to stand in line with the other unsecured creditors they aren't paying. You're a corporation, so to file a lawsuit you would normally have to hire a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links