Default Can My Record be Expunged in Texas if a Class B Misdemeanor Was Reduced to a Class C?

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

Five years ago I was driving a relative's vehicle who had put an inspection sticker on it from another vehicle. In order to keep them out of trouble, since they are a parent and I'm single, I pleaded guilty to knowing it was false. I was arrested, convicted of a Class B Misdemeanor, but my attorney got it reduced to a Class C with a charge of no inspection sticker. My criminal record shows my mugshot and the original offense. Can I get it expunged or does it count as a Class B? I'm trying to get married in another country to have spousal privileges and I have to give the government a copy of my criminal background. I would like to have documentation showing it's been dismissed, after the fact, since it was not my vehicle. Please advise. It's greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Can My Record be Expunged in Texas if a Class B Misdemeanor Was Reduced to a Clas

Expungement is available following the successful completion of a deferred sentence for a Class C misdemeanor. Was your sentence deferred?

Default Re: Can My Record be Expunged in Texas if a Class B Misdemeanor Was Reduced to a Clas

I'm sorry for being ignorant about law especially the jargon.

I spent one evening in holding, never stood in front of a judge for arraignment, family bonded me out through a bail bondsman, paid everything and followed through with the bondsman's policies and rules, went to court, attorney got it reduced and I never spent another day in jail nor did I have any deferred adjudication or probation.

Being as how the cat's out of the bag, and I need to "help you help me", I'm humbling myself and giving you a portion of my report at the end of this reply.

It says near the bottom "Class C misdemeanor"
    "Expired - No inspection sticker", "convicted-lesser charge" and "final pleading G (Guilty)"

The original, possible outcome, with a conviction, could have been a Class B Misdemeanor, a $2000 fine, and 6 months in county jail. But, as I said, besides the 16 hours I spent in holding until family bonded me out, I never spent any jail time nor probation or deferred adjudication.

Does any of this help? Do I have ANY chance, with aid from a law firm, perhaps, of petitioning the court for expunction? I pray I do. I don't want this on there forever.

Thanks a lot for having this website to answer questions that would otherwise be answered with retaining a lawyer.

Here's the report.

DATE OF ARREST 10/30/2002
    AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX1010000 ( HARRIS CO SO HOUSTON )
    CHARGE
    ARREST OFFENSE 26990078 ( OWNER KNOWINGLY ALLOWS VEH TO DISPLAY FIC CER )
    ARREST OFFENSE LITERAL TX10100000210302039
    ARREST OFFENSE CITATION 548.603
    LEVEL AND DEGREE OF OFFENSE MB ( MISDEMEANOR - CLASS B )
    DATE OF OFFENSE 10/30/2002
    ARREST DISPOSITION 205 ( HELD )
    ARREST DISPOSITION DATE 10/30/2002
    PROSECUTOR ORI REFERRED TO TX101015A ( DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE HOUSTON )
    PROSECUTION DETAIL
    AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX101015A ( DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE HOUSTON )
    PROSECUTOR ACTION FIELD A ( PROSECUTOR ACCEPTS THE CHARGE )
    PROSECUTOR OFFENSE 26990078 ( OWNER KNOWINGLY ALLOWS VEH TO DISPLAY FIC CER )
    PROSECUTOR OFFENSE CITATION 548.603
    LEVEL AND DEGREE PROSECUTED MB ( MISDEMEANOR - CLASS B )
    COURT STATUS
    COURT SEQUENCE a
    AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX101413J ( COUNTY CRIMINAL COURT AT LAW 15 )
    COURT OFFENSE 99999999 ( CLASS C MISDEMEANOR )
    COURT OFFENSE LITERAL EXPIRED - NO INSPECTION
    LEVEL AND DEGREE OFFENSE MC ( MISDEMEANOR - CLASS C )
    COURT DISPOSITION 311 ( CONVICTED - LESSER CHARGE )
    COURT DISPOSITION DATE 11/20/2002
    DATE OF SENTENCE/STATUS 11/20/2002

FINAL PLEADING G ( GUILTY )
    COURT FINE 500
    MULTIPLE SENTENCES CODE CC ( CONCURRENT )

Can you help?

Just tell us, yes or no, was your sentence deferred?

No, it wasn't.

1. Sponsored Links