Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Getting Gaurdianship of an Elder in Texas

    Hi, new here, and am trying to find info on getting gaurdianship of my grandparents. My grandmother and grandfather both have power of attorny over each other and for months refused to relinquish to anyone else. Now my grandmother is in the hospital, not in full mental health, and my grandfather has progressive stages of Althizmers. So neitherone has really the mental capcity to make the decision. We need to try to get Power of Attorny and Gaurdianship and I am not sure how to go about it. If anyone has any iformation, please share..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Texas Guardianship

    You would petition for guardianship in the probate court in the County where your parents reside. There are probably standard forms which you can get at the form to complete the petition.

    You don't need both power of attorney and guardianship - the guardianship supersedes the power of attorney. (A power of attorney is issued by the individual; a guardianship is ordered by a court.)

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: Want To Get Gaurdianship Of My 16 Year Old Brother
    By firegurl1219 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
  2. Guardianship: Assigning Gaurdianship
    By lauriear in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 08:32 AM
  3. Trusts and Medicaid Gaurdianship in New York
    By margot in forum Estate Planning, Administration and Probate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:10 AM
  4. Guardianship: How do I get a gaurdianship over my 44 year old brother?
    By Brotherintrouble in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 03:25 AM
  5. Guardianship: custody/gaurdianship
    By starr2be in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources