Default Enforcing Payment of Medical Bills

My ex is ordered to reimburse for half of my uncovered medical expenses. I have submitted bills to him but he is refusing to pay (frankly, he's not even answering his phone, emails or snail mail). My question is, would this be contempt because it's a family order issue or small claims because it's a contractual issue?

Default Re: Which Court?

Oh let me add...I'm getting our previous order modified. Can these two things be merged?

Quote Quoting clothdiaperprincess
    View Post
    My ex is ordered to reimburse for half of my uncovered medical expenses. I have submitted bills to him but he is refusing to pay (frankly, he's not even answering his phone, emails or snail mail). My question is, would this be contempt because it's a family order issue or small claims because it's a contractual issue?
    It is contempt, in family court. You'll need to file a seperate motion for contempt, or show cause if that's what your state calls it. You can request that both issues are heard at the same time, sometimes it's allowed, sometimes not.

Quote Quoting Xena
    View Post
    It is contempt, in family court. You'll need to file a seperate motion for contempt, or show cause if that's what your state calls it. You can request that both issues are heard at the same time, sometimes it's allowed, sometimes not.
    Thanks! That's what I thought. Because we're filing it under the UCCJEA, maybe they'll definitely hear it at the same time.

1. Sponsored Links