Default Debt Collector's Responsibility For Lender's Wrongful Conduct

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Pa

1When you are sued even thou you WIN and get a $0 balance placed !
    Also
    2. How Long do you have to file suit Back ?
    Also
    3.Does this make the debt collector responsible or liaible for all the past fraudulent activities the Companys pulled during the Collection process due to the fact they were trying to Collect a false Balance and harrassing along the way ?
    charging fees on closed accounts
    original balances were written off with false amounts
    selling false balance ?
    I have been told to get in touch with an attorney from Philidelphia and get a class action law suit started !
    I was also told I probably can get several of these started againt several differernt Companys!

Default Re: Debt Collector's Responsibility For Lender's Wrongful Conduct

I for one have no idea what you are trying to ask..please try again.

When debt Collectors come after debts false amounts !
    they bought false infomation accounts !
    Accounts that over satue of limitations to begin with!
    Accounts that tried to charge monthly fees after accounts were closed !
    Accounts that wrote of or charged off false amounts
    Accounts that were sold , the same accounts to different collectors ! from the original account holder !
    the original Company month after month reported false Balances on credit bureau reports ! and were raising the amount every month on these closed accounts from the fees they were not allowed to charge!

I was sued in Nov ! I Won ($0) Balance !
    My Husband was sued for an other account that hearing actually Happened we were in formed at that hearing that they did not show that this would be $0 ,then got a letter 2 days later that the suer had withdrew this case! Which I find appaulling because they did not show! We were not informed at the hearing that it was being withdrew at that time ! But we know this was done for them to sell the account again ,Because they know they do not have a case! We have already informed ATTORNEY GENERAL of this gonna happen ahead of time!
    Then a 3rd case of mine went to a ($0) at the hearing !

The problems with our accounts started when payments were made to be automatic and they were taking the payments from our checking account but then we were not getting credited properly! YES I HAVE ALL PROOF!
    The Judge was amazed at the paper work We have kept!

The Judge was also appaulled at the illegal activitie these Companys try to pull !

So I am asking can we turn around and sue debt collectors for the attempt to collect debts that are false debts and are the Collectors liable for all the illegal actions of the original collectors ?

That is pretty plain and simple Questions I would think!

Does any body Know the answers ?

There have been cases that have gone both ways. Depending on the facts, the answer is yes, a DC can be liable for collecting a debt which they knew (or should have known) was incorrect, and no they are protected.

There are a lot of things that come into play: the bonafide error defense, whether or not the DC did a complete investigation, what the DC knew, and when they knew it. The question is anything but plain and simple, there are literally hundreds of published cases, and they go both ways.

So to answer your question, yes. and no.

In thi case the Collector was well aware because I told them that they bought a false balance and offered to fax proof ! I was told bulls hit and that people needed to pay thier damn bills ! I as also was hung up on when I told them that I was not happy with them having unprofessional representatives with ignorant mouths ,handling situtaions that They needed to get professional and stop harrassing the wrong people!

One more thing I do know that when a mortgage is sold from one to another the morgage company that buys the account becomes liable for the others faults and mistakes! Deceptive practice acts ! They will get fines from the goverment along with the origial lender and they have to make right with the Customer which can lead to thousands of $$$$$$ in savings for the cutomer!

Again, depending on the specific facts, the case can go either way. If you think you have a good case, sue. Tell us how it comes out.

an other Debt Collector strikes again sues withdraws the law suit at the last minute, ups the fees for what they paid for the suit to begin with ! goes to get another so called attorney and starts the threats with the uped Balance ! WoW these ares really amaze me !

1. Sponsored Links