Default Grandparents Rights in Florida

My question involves grandparents rights in the State of: Florida

MY daughter in law does not want me and my husband to see my grand daughter my other older son was told by his wife you have to choose either me or your mother!!
    HE chose his wife. I only have one grand child and i want to be able to see her. My daughter in law is a spoiled coniver who dresses with top designer clothing works hard in her job as a supervisor but she tells her daughter that grammy is not allowed to see you anymore. She does not want her to spend any time with you. Which is not true. the mother is telling her that to persway her to visit me.We are both in our 70's and want to be able to see the child, i used to be able to see my granddaughter on recitials for ballet, now she will not allow me to see her in school plays, only her own family. What can I Do?

What I can not understand is this why lie to the child? What rights do i have for the visitation on the child? Does Florida have grandparents rights to visit a child? thanks Sad Grammy and Grampy

Default Re: Grandparents Rights in Florida

Florida has declared gpv unconstitutional.

Default Re: Grandparents Rights in Florida

What rights do i have for the visitation on the child?
    None at all.

The courts have held that parents get to make the decisions about who they allow to have access to their children. All the rights lie with the parents, as is right and proper.

As Rushia notes, Florida's previous grandparent visitation laws have been declared unconstitutional. Florida isn't the only state this has occurred in (WA is where the USSC Troxel decision centered).

From the acrimonious post you started with, it's easy to see why your son and daughter in-law have cut off visitation. You'd do well to learn to get along with your daughter in-law if you want a relationship with your grandchild - but it may well be too late, given the vitriol oozing from your post.

1. Sponsored Links