Unhappy Can't Deal with Son's Father Anymore

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: FLorida.
    My ex husband and I have been divorced for 3 years. We have 50/50 custody and there is no child support involved. I am at my ropes end with him. Everytime there is a discussion about plans, school, doctor, insurance ANYTHING, all this man can do is start some type of fight. He says one thing and does another. My son adores his father, but he is also intimidated by him. I can't go to my ex husband and talk to him about things he says in front of my son that are very inaproprate for an 8 year old, because my son will suffer for it ( example, name calling, nasty words about me and his step father). His father can be very verbally abusive. While I don't want to take away custodial rights ( I would have to prove him unfit), I want a bit more control. He hangs my son over my head on a daily basis. What can I do?

Default Re: Can't Deal with Son's Father Anymore

Quote Quoting cornflake75
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: FLorida.
    My ex husband and I have been divorced for 3 years. We have 50/50 custody and there is no child support involved. I am at my ropes end with him. Everytime there is a discussion about plans, school, doctor, insurance ANYTHING, all this man can do is start some type of fight. He says one thing and does another. My son adores his father, but he is also intimidated by him. I can't go to my ex husband and talk to him about things he says in front of my son that are very inaproprate for an 8 year old, because my son will suffer for it ( example, name calling, nasty words about me and his step father). His father can be very verbally abusive. While I don't want to take away custodial rights ( I would have to prove him unfit), I want a bit more control. He hangs my son over my head on a daily basis. What can I do?
    There's not much you can do, sorry. You could try to modify the order and have it ordered that both parents are prohibited from speaking badly about the other parent. But, that alone is not enough reason to file for a modification.

1. Sponsored Links