Default Companies shut down before car repairs were complete

Hey everyone

I'm new here and don't quite know where this belongs. Anyways, my problem is really 2 big problems combined together.

Last year the engine in my car took a turn for the worse and threw a rod. Well, I decided to rebuild the car (it's a performance car) and went with a new engine from a company in the NE US. It took a little over 6 months to get the bottom end of my engine shipped back to me. After another 3 months I found out that the company had shut down and wasn't going to be shipping me my cylinder head. I had to hunt down the shop on my own and repay to get the head sent back to me (without all of the original parts either). After this was done, I simply wrote it off and forgot about it (figured I would be content with just having my car up and running again). Well, after 3 weeks of waiting I finally called the company responsible for doing the work on my car. I was informed that they had shut down shop last week and would not be finishing my car. Now I have invested well over 13 grand on a car that is just sitting there now. I was informed that I need to have it picked up before the end of the week or it would be sent to a junk yard. I asked about the money I had invested and was told I would need to contact my attorney in order to see anything.

As I am sure you can tell, I have a rather big problem on my hands now. Any advice on what should be done about this would be greatly appriciated.

Default Companies shutting down

Do you know if these companies were incorporated? Did they simply shut down, or did they go bankrupt? Were they paid for the work they performed (well, partially performed)?

well they had nothing to do with each other other than shipping parts back and forth.

i have no idea about the bankruptcy, they could have. however, in my state it's now a little harder to file. so since it was just last week, i doubt anything has been done.

and yeah, they were completely paid in full...

Default Creditors....

If it were me, I would try to get judgments as quickly as possible, and try to collect those judgments as quickly as possible. Unfortunately there probably won't be much if anything left to collect after the secured creditors collect against the companies, and it is hard to know if the companies have any assets to collect against... so it may end up being an exercise in futility.

you're the man

i'm handling it all tomorrow... wish me luck :\

1. Sponsored Links