Default Charged with marijuana possession after a police raid

Help my boyfriend s house was raided just want to know illinois law if not illinois close to what does 2000 grams not over 5000 carry? also intent to delivery?any help i mean any!! thank you

Default Possession of Marijuana

Illinois law provides,
    Quote Quoting 720 ILCS 550/4 - Cannabis Control Act
    Sec. 4. It is unlawful for any person knowingly to possess cannabis. Any person who violates this section with respect to:

(a) not more than 2.5 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor;

(b) more than 2.5 grams but not more than 10 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor;

(c) more than 10 grams but not more than 30 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor;
    provided, that if any offense under this subsection (c) is a subsequent offense, the offender shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony;

(d) more than 30 grams but not more than 500 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class 4 felony; provided that if any offense under this subsection (d) is a subsequent offense, the offender shall be guilty of a Class 3 felony;

(e) more than 500 grams but not more than 2,000 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class 3 felony;

(f) more than 2,000 grams but not more than 5,000 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class 2 felony;

(g) more than 5,000 grams of any substance containing cannabis is guilty of a Class 1 felony.
    The normal penalty for a class 3 felony is "not less than 2 years and not more than 5 years", 730 ILCS 5/5‑8‑1, which is not to say that other sentences aren't possible depending upon the full facts and the defendant's record.

I wish i got caught with that instead, Get a really good lawyer and he will eat that up in court

1. Sponsored Links