Default Warrants Expiring

Back in 2004 I was pulled over and ticketed for going over the speed limit. I paid an attorney to represent me in court. He went the first time, but didn't go back the second time. (even though I paid him for both times). He had my charge plead down to a broken head light, but I found out while living out of state a couple of years ago that I have a warrant out for my arrest in Kentucky for failure to appear.With it being four years ago, would it have expired by now?

Default Re: Warrants Expiring

No - it will sit in the system until it is satisfied - meaning, until you are brought before the court that issued the warrant. It doesn't mean anyone is actively looking for you, just that any incidental contact with law enforcement could be potentially problematic. If you are still in Kentucky, extradition is likely - less so if you are now living in another state - in which case Kentucky will just let the active warrant sit just in case you ever pass through again.

What would they do if I had some one in KY go for me to pay my fine?

Quote Quoting KStubbs82
    View Post
    What would they do if I had some one in KY go for me to pay my fine?

1. IF such were legally feasible it would have to be an attorney, as no one else can do it for you, they must be licensed to practice law.

2. Don't count on it being feasible though. A warrant for arrest is not generally cured by paying a money fine!!

I am not saying a good lawyer could not possibly do it "in absentia". Consult one in your state or the home state for an opinion.

1. Sponsored Links