Default Trailer Warranty

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: VA

I bought a 28' enclosed trailer and drove it back to NJ, once I got home I noticed that the tires were wearing in an unusual pattern, I called the dealer that I bought it from and he stated that he would have the issue resolved, well after about 4 months the dealer had me drop off the trailer at a trailer dealership here in NJ to fix. The NJ dealer said that both axles were installed incorrectly and cut the hangers and repostioned and replaced the tires.rims. Well afetr using the trailer and puting about 800 mile on it the tires are doing the same thing again, again the VA dealer said that he would take care of the issue, well months have gone by and we fiannaly hear from the manufacture that they paid to have it fixed once before and that the 1 year warranty is now over, I contact the trailer place here in NJ and they want nothing to do with correcting the issue, can someone point me in the right direction? is the warranty over or since I had issues all along does tha warranty follow the issue?

Default Re: Trailer Warranty

Is there another dealership that will correct the problem? What has the manufacturer suggested?

No. They cannot disclaim the warranty since the repairs did not correct the problem. You need to check the exact wording of the warranty and follow the procedures in the warranty. My recommendation would be to advise the dealer that you are revoking your acceptance and want you money back. The longer you wait the more difficult it will be. Since you bought it in VA, VA's UCC laws will govern. VA courts are very consumer friendly so you may want to go ahead and retain an attorney in the county where you purchased the trailer. That will probalby make things a lot easier and quicker.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Is there another dealership that will correct the problem? What has the manufacturer suggested?

Manufacture is say that it's not their problem.

Frank

I beg to differ. It is their problem. Courts will not let a manufacturer off the hook.

1. Sponsored Links