Default Ticketed on residential street for driving on a "highway"

I recived a speeding ticket last night under the 22350 (No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property. ) max speed :30 radar speed 44. it states that in any "highway", but i was driving on a residential/business street, it goes from downtown to a residential street. By it not being a highway could the ticket be dismissed and if not, what will it do to my sr-22 insurance? or what is the deal with that? ive only gotten one more ticket when i was a juvenille but that was a long time ago. what would be the price i would prob. have to pay? and how much would the insurance go up? also how long does it take for insurance rates to go up since i had a colission about 2 1/2 months ago and i have not seen my payments go up.

Default Driving on Highway

The California Vehicle Code defines highway:
    Quote Quoting California Vehicle Code Section 360.
    "Highway" is a way or place of whatever nature, publicly maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. Highway includes street.

1. Sponsored Links